Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I copied this from another racing site. And am super excited about getting the desert racing life going in the high desert of central oregon. Already over 40 entries and growing daily. look up king of the kastle on Facebook. Here is a a pic from utvundergroundracing.
Screenshot_20200301-153743.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm signed up in the 'Recreation' class.

Reactions: oneshotkyle

·
Registered
364 Posts
Duplicate.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oooh...I may be able to do this one. It is only 4.5 hours from home!
Its gonna be a super good time. I am doing what I can to spread the word as this can become the new norm for us in Oregon. We want Oregon Desert racing to happen and stay permanent. Already over 40 sum cars entered overall

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm signed up in the 'Recreation' class.
I signed up in that class also. Considering buying 1 or 2 na cars to let the kids race as this grows over in central oregon. We just need all the support we can and kick this first run off with many more to come

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont hesitate to contact Joe Merrill on Facebook. He is the man that made this come to life and such a cool dude.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Where are you at Kyle? Have you came up with anything for the 'secondary door locking'?
Joe posted about mandatory KoK stickers and I suggested a group buy, no response yet that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where are you at Kyle? Have you came up with anything for the 'secondary door locking'?
Joe posted about mandatory KoK stickers and I suggested a group buy, no response yet that I'm aware of.
Secondary latch, zip ties or bungee... they are gonna be easier on the first timers of course.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pre-Running!
Will there an opportunity to pre-run the course?
Yes pre running will happen friday may 1st all cars 25mph limit. No passing or horseplay. Then anyone can use whatever tracking device or maps they prefer

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pre-Running!
Will there an opportunity to pre-run the course?
Joe said the area isn't open to OHV's until May 1st, and they will be out setting up track that day. Race is May 2-3 so not alot of pre-running.
He did say you can drive it in a street legal vehicle before May 1, I might take my tacoma out and give it a lap.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joe said the area isn't open to OHV's until May 1st, and they will be out setting up track that day. Race is May 2-3 so not alot of pre-running.
He did say you can drive it in a street legal vehicle before May 1, I might take my tacoma out and give it a lap.
Yep. Legally no ohv's till may 1st. Plenty of room for your tacoma. I can send you a pic of the map

1 - 15 of 15 Posts