Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and haven't quite figured out the search engine....

Anyway, this is a question for the parents on here. I'm planning on going to the Little Sahara State Park in Oklahoma this weekend. First, what's their reg's on kids in a SxS? Second, has anybody used a car seat / booster seat with the factory seat belt? Better yet, with the Maverick and Commander having the removable seats, does anybody make an aftermarket seat meant specifically for the little ones? Same goes with the seat belt. Does anybody make anything that relocates the seat belt lower? I'm obviously not looking to air this thing out with my 2.5 year old daughter. Just something to get her involved in the off road world. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I have not seen anything. The best way would be to remove the foam off the seat frame and adapt a kids suspension seat with 5 point harness. Or you could ratchet strap a good quality car seat to the stock seat.

·
Registered
210 Posts
We just put the car seat in there. We put a blanket down to protect the seat. Then starpped extra straps to hold the car seat in. Hoep this helps..

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I strap my 3 year old grandson into the 5 pt harness. Pull'em down tight and he's locked in. He can still reach the oh shit handle, but grampa takes it pretty easy with him anyway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We install their carseat on the stock seats using the seatbelt. You can cinch them up as tight as you need. My britax has keeper latches built into the carseat for added security. Putting a towel down on the seat is a good idea. Whatever that cool stretchy water resistant material is tears easily! Have fun!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368663173.101120.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Get 4pt harnesses (UTV INC has nice ones). I strap the little ones in the car seat and then the lap belt goes through the notches on the sides of the seat and across the lap and the shoulder straps come over the sides just like an adults shoulders and cinch it all up and it is solid.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We install their carseat on the stock seats using the seatbelt. You can cinch them up as tight as you need. My britax has keeper latches built into the carseat for added security. Putting a towel down on the seat is a good idea. Whatever that cool stretchy water resistant material is tears easily! Have fun!

View attachment 2164
Looks like he's having fun! Lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts