Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maverick 1000r 2015 5000km

Hello, I'm having an issue with my CVT running too hot and making my belt to explode all the time !

I'm running out of solutions since my inlet and outlet are clean, clutches are clean... I have installed a new helix on the secondary + a Dalton clutch kit.

I'm running a blower on my secondary clutch inlet to keep it cool.

My belt is not slipping...

I've just changed my belt for the fourth time in last than a year and I saw that the belt wasn't completely centered on the primary ? Is that normal ? It's not touching but it's not centered.

Can I shim my secondary ?

·
Premium Member
7,833 Posts
Is this a max? Turbo?

Tim

Reactions: Marco

·
Premium Member
7,833 Posts
Those were not really known to eat belts.

Have you installed a belt temp gauge to monitor the temps so you drive with some belt temp management in mind?

I'm not sure on the alignment but i suspect it is supposed to ride on the engine side sheave as the outer moves in to engage.

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those were not really known to eat belts.

Have you installed a belt temp gauge to monitor the temps so you drive with some belt temp management in mind?

I'm not sure on the alignment but i suspect it is supposed to ride on the engine side sheave as the outer moves in to engage.

Tim
Absolutely make sense ! No I don't have any way to monitor the heat right now but I think that's probably the best option for now... And I'll start from there.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
When is the last time you serviced the primary bearing ? Buy a turbo clutch cover so that you have more airflow .
Sounds like it may be your driving ......do you know when to use low and hi properly ? Running in the wrong gear ?

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When is the last time you serviced the primary bearing ? Buy a turbo clutch cover so that you have more airflow .
Sounds like it may be your driving ......do you know when to use low and hi properly ? Running in the wrong gear ?
Bearing was serviced maybe 600km ago.. but I've inspected it and it's rolling freely without any resistance...

I didn't know that the turbo clutch cover was providing more flow ! That's good to know !

I'm using high most of time except when I'm putting the bike on the trailer or going up a big hill..

Maybe I'm holding the gas too much when driving... Some people told me to drive like it was a 2 stroke... Ill try that lol.

Thanks for your advise 😊

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Bearing was serviced maybe 600km ago.. but I've inspected it and it's rolling freely without any resistance...

I didn't know that the turbo clutch cover was providing more flow ! That's good to know !

I'm using high most of time except when I'm putting the bike on the trailer or going up a big hill..

Maybe I'm holding the gas too much when driving... Some people told me to drive like it was a 2 stroke... Ill try that lol.

Thanks for your advise 😊

Attachments

Reactions: Tmesic and Marco

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
That blower is restricting your airflow through the clutch. I recommend removing it.

yup I was going to mention that to the op, only use a blower if you have the turbo cover and have the extra inlets or its restrictive.......the blower is more for when you stop and turn off the engine to keep cooling the clutches/belt

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup I was going to mention that to the op, only use a blower if you have the turbo cover and have the extra inlets or its restrictive.......the blower is more for when you stop and turn off the engine to keep cooling the clutches/belt
You think it's restricting when it's always on ? It's 130cfm when on and it's on the secondary inlet. I've installed after going through 2 belts.. seems to get me a little bit more mileage out of the others I've break but I could be wrong...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts