Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a K&T black box setting on my shelf that I pulled from my Commander and was wondering if anyone has contacted K&T or tried to use it yet in their Maverick. I assume the programming is different but thought it was worth a shot to try & eliminate the shaft saver. I called K&T today but they will be out until the end of the week.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
looks like your the tester. so get busy and tell us whats up. :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
I've got a K&T black box setting on my shelf that I pulled from my Commander and was wondering if anyone has contacted K&T or tried to use it yet in their Maverick. I assume the programming is different but thought it was worth a shot to try & eliminate the shaft saver. I called K&T today but they will be out until the end of the week.
I don't think the maverick needs the blackbox. It's so much better then the commander you don't even notice the shaft saver kick in.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figure the software/wiring is going to be different but the plug under the dash looks the same. I'm not going to plug it in without knowing fo sure, last thing I want to do is sizzle the new machine.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
I figure the software/wiring is going to be different but the plug under the dash looks the same. I'm not going to plug it in without knowing fo sure, last thing I want to do is sizzle the new machine.
The box doesn't work on the 2012 commanders according to a vendor up here so I'm sure that it will not work on the Mav. Beside the rev Limiter on the Mav is already higher than the commander, shaft saver doesn't seem to be an issue on the dyno, and the temps have been very low even in the dunes.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, looking forward to getting this thing out & getting some seat time but now its going to the shop this weekend to get some UHMW skids built for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts