1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
556 Posts
gonna take a whole lot more than 245 bux to fix whats wrong with the XP.

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Btw, at the race this weekend I got I witness a xp1k break a shock right in front of me lol. Ended up rolling him over. Had to go flip him back over and push it off the track. Unfortunately I was stopped because my STM secondary got locked shifted out and helped me blow my belt

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Btw, at the race this weekend I got I witness a xp1k break a shock right in front of me lol. Ended up rolling him over. Had to go flip him back over and push it off the track. Unfortunately I was stopped because my STM secondary got locked shifted out and helped me blow my belt
How did that happen? Debris in cover? Warn clutch parts?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Let us know what the cause was.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea, let us know what caused it. There are lots of us running the STM secondary.

·
Registered
556 Posts
met a new guy with a XP1000 this weekend.
he loves it, but admitted that its been in the shop more than in his garage.
it did make it the whole weekend without an issue, but it did make this interresting grinding noise going into low.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
There is a brass bearing/bushing? in the STM in the shaft that runs thru the clutch and connects to the gear box. When I pulled my clutch cover off the bushing that I believe is pressed in from the factory, somehow worked itself partly out. That would have been fine but before it came all the way out it got cocked and made it where the clutch couldn't open or close. A friend Of mine took a pic of it, When I get back home from work in 10 days I'll post it up. Had the bushing came all the way out the secondary would have still worked but I don't know for how long. Plus having some brass being kicked around In my clutch box would have maybe done more damage. I believe STM Is gonna fix it or replace it tho

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
was it the bushing on the inner sheave that rides on the shaft? If so, there should be 2 tiny set screws that are there just to keep the bushing in place. I wonder if your screws were missing? You can see it in this picture...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts