Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here are a few more pics. Like I said before..I liked the idea and ran with it. I ended up trimming more and more of the flashing as I went before I cut the plexiglass to fit. I glued the plexiglass to the flashing and then used waterproof sealant all around it. I also had the speaker wire exit out where it was hidden best and siliconed around that. Used stainless steel screws and filled the pod with pillow stuffing. (Not sure if that was a good idea or not)LOL. Since all I do is dune riding and I sealed all around the enclosure with water proof sealant, I figured I should be ok. I'm sure you stereo guys can tell me if that was bad or not! I will have more pictures of them installed after today. Im using rivet nuts and stainless steel screws to hold them in place on the maverick.

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nice job bro yes you did good with the polly fill It helps absorb the backwave and makes the midrange a little tighter.just have to be a little carefull to not use too much.I have done that in the past and couldnt figure out why they were imaging so poorly.Guess what I purchased yesterday? I was trying to figure out what direction to go with sub.I called my Kicker rep and had him send me a Kicker Hideaway it fits perfect under drivers seat in that small box.Its a powered 150rms Amp/sub combo 8" its only about 3" thick and 9x12 sounds pretty good actually

·
Registered
867 Posts
I hope NDMaverick doesn't get mad I'm posting on his thread all these pics..LOL. Didn't want to start a new thread for his idea. Here are pictures of all 4 speaker pods installed. The Kicker unit should be in tomorrow to hook it all up. All the speaker wires are ran into the back of the glove box.

mongosmash-Can you post some pics of that sub? Or maybe a video of what it sounds like?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool build !! And The best thing is...cheap and looks like it should be there!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Great work jchevy4x4j. I am all good for guys helping eachother out. I just got my back speakers in and I tried to go in the upper roll cage but there just wasn't the room like I hoped so I took your idea and went in the rear sides. Worked great and I can hear the stereo great now. It was hard to hear before with the roaring engine. As far as polyfill, these are coaxial speakers and don't require it but if you do use it I would use a small amount and not pack it too tight. If it is too much polyfill then the speaker will "see" less airspace and with less it will see a larger airspace. Now what else can we use these things for? They are super easy to cut and use so I am curious how other people will use them next. I will post pictures later as I only had one day off to do mine and forgot the pictures.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi can anyone take picture of how your wiring is done on a kicker px50? Can I use the power wire from the 12v plug in for power?
I know this is months later but just seen this post. I used one of the spare power feeds behind the dash.

Fourcam - I would put the 6.5" subs in place of the speakers near the rear cargo area and then put some 6.5" speakers on the roll cage. I moved mine up to the roll cage using 6" PVC pipe and caps. You can hear it better with a helmet on and at full RPM. All I'm using is the kicker unit to power all 4 speakers. It doesn't distort at all with the volume turned all the way up. I picked up some roll bar clamps for about $15 each and just bolted them to the pvc.

You could still hear the speakers down low near the cargo area when on the trails but just not as loud.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice job bro yes you did good with the polly fill It helps absorb the backwave and makes the midrange a little tighter.just have to be a little carefull to not use too much.I have done that in the past and couldnt figure out why they were imaging so poorly.Guess what I purchased yesterday? I was trying to figure out what direction to go with sub.I called my Kicker rep and had him send me a Kicker Hideaway it fits perfect under drivers seat in that small box.Its a powered 150rms Amp/sub combo 8" its only about 3" thick and 9x12 sounds pretty good actually
How do you like the kicker Hideaway? Is it weather/water resistant?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts