Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Glamis today about 3 miles from the truck. A rhino had to pull me back, what a sad day. now i hope i can get a belt in Glamis, i just ordered a belt from Airdam but will not have it for a week.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Talk to Glamisfan. He bought a replacement belt last weekend from a vendor out there. At worst, you may have to drive into El Centro to get one.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Belt from any 800 or 1000 Rotax will work. I would run without a cover if I were you. Too much heat builds up in there blasting around in the sand

·
Registered
112 Posts
A lot off the new commanders had this problem when there first came out. Wrapping the exhaust with header wrap and installing the fan blower helps. I think air dam even sold the factory blower kit that the race teams used with the extra cvt intake

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
in Glamis today about 3 miles from the truck. A rhino had to pull me back, what a sad day. now i hope i can get a belt in Glamis, i just ordered a belt from Airdam but will not have it for a week.

Damn Mike, that sucks. Hope you find a belt quick. Seems like our style of riding these belts are only getting 400 to 500 miles. Adam shipped my new belt and clutch bolt kit out yesterday, so I think I'm going to order up a second belt and hide the old one under the seat for an emergency spare

·
Registered
266 Posts
Son of a b*tch!!!!! This sucks....I though this was a new bad ass belt that can take some abuse. Plus the new improved dual exhaust cvt to get rid of that heat.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Talk to Glamisfan. He bought a replacement belt last weekend from a vendor out there. At worst, you may have to drive into El Centro to get one.
Think he mentioned he got the last one too....doooh

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Sorry but this problem is beyond the commanders. I never have lost a belt on my commander. My stock commander had 2 full seasons at Glamis and so did many others. The Maverick problem is not a simple fix cause it seems that even with the new improved belt and redesigned ctv system they are still blowing belts way too early. I don't believe that there is a simple fix like taking the cover off, or installing a blower. The Mav is producing a lot of torque and hp and brp's improved clutch is not capable of of supporting the power. The belt slips and burns and you might be able to make it last a little longer with these fixes but it is not a fix. The fix, as hard as it is to deal with, is a aftermarket clutch like the STM. I will not be stranded or ruin another expensive weekend with a blown belt and destroyed clutch. My commander produces about 10 more hp than the my Mav and I went to an STM to fix the clutch issue. Looks like that is the route I am now taking with the Mav....FUXK BRP but it is really the more reliabilty fix for me.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I'm going to try AIRDAMS clutch bolt kit and lap and green locktight the sheeves on the primary. Adam says this will stop the slipping of the belt. If it doesn't work, or at least help...I'll then go to a STM. Not that I have any doubt about what your saying usaguy, just that it's alot of scratch to shell out on a new clutch. And yeah, I agree that the blower, and exhaust wrap might help, but the real problem is the belt slipping and getting cooked.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Adam stated that his bolt will not back out like the stock one but the primary just is not capable of stopping slipping. The stm primary is. I hate that I have to purchase a stm primary to fix BRP's issue but it is what it is.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Adam stated that his bolt will not back out like the stock one but the primary just is not capable of stopping slipping. The stm primary is. I hate that I have to purchase a stm primary to fix BRP's issue but it is what it is.
The bolt is supposed to not sheer like some have experienced with the oem bolt, but the lapping and green locktight is supposed to keep the outer sheave from slipping. I'll give it a shot. If not...I'll go STM.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
I'm in Aruba and I'm talking to you guys...lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
USA I thought when you told me last weekend you were gonna do that it was a joke cause you were over the problems with the mav and the keys, Lucky

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
USAguy. - I guess it is not stock anymore. Lol! So did the bolt back out causing the belt to shred?

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was leading in the small dunes fast. On and off the gas from olds to wash 10.

Benzo was following and he had no issues.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
Im in aruba relaxing by the pool looking at a sea of fat ass americans....fortunately my girl is far from that...lol

Im done dealing with the stock clutch...I will be ordering a rock solid stm rage 6 upon return and have Kelly dial it in exactly to my spec

1 - 20 of 74 Posts