Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many run just rear paddles? I don’t have the budget for a full set plus wheels. I only hit the dunes maybe 3-4x a year

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Just save the money for a full set. Don't buy the cheap ones also. There expensive but worth it

Spot on, full set or no set. You can buy a machine for $25k , but $1200 for an average set of paddles and rims will kill you? My opinion is just rear paddles is gay and a waste of money. Will also have a RO issue as paddles are matched sets

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plus this is just for one trip going in two weeks. I will buy fronts also just before the next trip after.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My brother-in-law and I both have '18 X3 XRS, and were at the time of our "test" basically the same machine. The only difference being that he was running 30" paddles on stock wheels, and I was on the stock 30" bighorns and wheels. We ran about 6 runs up Oldsmobile and I won every race except one. By the time he dug out of the hole he made, he was never able to catch up. I'm not looking to start a shitshow here on your post, only saying that maybe consider dropping your $2k elsewhere if you don't go to the dunes so much; the bighorns seem to perform pretty well out there on the sand.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Where are there 1200 sets everything I’m looking at is 2k
What type are you looking at for 2K? Probably Skats, but if you're not going that much, no need to dump big money on them. You can probably get CST front smoothies, and rear paddles on wheels for $1200 - $1500.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
What sand tires? How many paddles?
My brother-in-law and I both have '18 X3 XRS, and were at the time of our "test" basically the same machine. The only difference being that he was running 30" paddles on stock wheels, and I was on the stock 30" bighorns and wheels. We ran about 6 runs up Oldsmobile and I won every race except one. By the time he dug out of the hole he made, he was never able to catch up. I'm not looking to start a shitshow here on your post, only saying that maybe consider dropping your $2k elsewhere if you don't go to the dunes so much; the bighorns seem to perform pretty well out there on the sand.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
I just did a quick check on UTV Inc's site - $260 for fronts, $270 for paddles. $530, and you still have $500 for 4 wheels of your choice.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Are the gmz xl 10 paddles worth a crap?
The people following you will hate you. Those paddle tires throw a lot of sand. Way more than any other paddle tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Mine came with front GPS Gravity ribbed, they pull the front around way too much so thinking about putting the Bighorns on the front which should work great and keep the crappy Pro Amours paddles in the back.

Can't justify spending $$ right now especially riding the Oregon dunes with stumps and tree roots along with being somewhat of a weekend warrior.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question! If you run paddles in the rear and smoothies in front do you run the dunes in 2WD or 4WD? I only get to the dunes twice a year and I run the stock tires in 4WD. Seems to do OK.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question! If you run paddles in the rear and smoothies in front do you run the dunes in 2WD or 4WD? I only get to the dunes twice a year and I run the stock tires in 4WD. Seems to do OK.
Not a stupid question at all. Most run 4wd in the dunes. You will still get bite off of smoothies.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts