Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

Im coming from a Honda talon 1000R and getting into a 2020 XDS turbo RR so far i am pretty pump this will be my first weekend out on any real trails with it.

I bought it from Gboost technoligies. It has their stage 2 clutch kit and WBB and Razor back temp gage. and your normal stuff like roof,sun visor,half windshield, mirrors

Have not gotten around to playing with suspension tuning yet. From what i have read on here adjusting ride height and softening LSC and HSC almost all the way out seems to be a good starting point.

Any tips and tricks, dos and donts on anything I am all ears (this is my first belt machine)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome!

Would love to hear your thoughts after a while about the two vehicles after playing with your new toy.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Congratulations
Welcome from wherever our truck parks our home for the night
Westlake OR

Barbara

Sent from LBR Logistics

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. First thing, buy a couple of extra belts. Learn how to change them in the garage, so you know how to do it in the field. Get OEM belts, best place is Rocky Mountain ATV.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. First thing, buy a couple of extra belts. Learn how to change them in the garage, so you know how to do it in the field. Get OEM belts, best place is Rocky Mountain ATV.
Ive seen some people say the same thing about the belts, They gave me all the stock clutch components

BTW im from princetion MN

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
Ive seen some people say the same thing about the belts, They gave me all the stock clutch components

BTW im from princetion MN
OK, but get some belts. If you break one, and don't have a spare, you'll be stranded.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nice looking machine and your man-cave with roll-up door! Interesting use of wood paneling with an apparent lounge area at far right. (y)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Welcome. Can I ask why you switched from the Talon?........besides speed of course.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome. Can I ask why you switched from the Talon?........besides speed of course.
Well i totaled my talon and I figured that was my first SXS i would try something different to compare and see which i truely like better

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well i totaled my talon and I figured that was my first SXS i would try something different to compare and see which i truely like better
I'm sorry to hear that. The only reason I asked that question is because everything I've heard about the Talon has been company promos, and I don't remember reading or watching something from an actual owner who has driven it many miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Talon was a nice machine and it was a tough decision to switch. it was a brute and kept up pretty well with other machines on the trails. I will say the X3 rides Alot smoother and does feel a little more planted. I did enjoy the DCT as well little less worry when on the trails didnt have to think "should i put it in low here" and all that

·
Registered
231 Posts
The Talon was a nice machine and it was a tough decision to switch. it was a brute and kept up pretty well with other machines on the trails. I will say the X3 rides Alot smoother and does feel a little more planted. I did enjoy the DCT as well little less worry when on the trails didnt have to think "should i put it in low here" and all that
Thanks for your comparison. I didn't realize what you said about the automatic switching to low gear.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts