Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just getting in to my first SxS and looking at a 2013 Maverick. What are the good and bad to look for? It's got 4500km, is that alot of mileage? I'm looking at mostly logging road type riding but want something that can push through those muddy crappy power line trails etc. Do i need the 1000 or is that just if i want the baddest in the group?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Welcome to the forum !
That maverick is a 1000. 4500km is fair amount of miles and wear for its age .....hopefully it’s been taken care of . Check the clutches.
Hope it’s super cheap , if not look at a newer model .....I’m assuming you don’t want an X3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum !
That maverick is a 1000. 4500km is fair amount of miles and wear for its age .....hopefully it’s been taken care of . Check the clutches.
Hope it’s super cheap , if not look at a newer model .....I’m assuming you don’t want an X3
I'm looking at everything at this point. I don't want to spend more than $14,000. so i want to find out what I should be looking out for when going out and looking at these machines.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That’s enough money to not have to buy a 2013 .....that 2013 should be way less than $14k.......a little more money and you can move up to an X3 ! Look for a 15 or 16 Mav turbo for your price range

Reactions: BLR

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. IMO, look for something with less miles, and hours. You have enough money to get better.

·
Premium Member
10,119 Posts
I know the Canadian dollar isn't that great, but still. When buying a used SXS, no matter where, you need to realize it's a buyer's market, not a sellers. Meaning your money should net you more. You should stop by a dealer, and see what new models cost, then you'll start to get a sense of where you are, and what you can get. Dealers also have used machines, turned in by guys that have to have the newest models, and they're not beat on, and could possibly have a warranty.

Reactions: Jimyb

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
71 Posts
Definitely important for everyone to realize we are talking CND $ here. A new base X3 is over $23000. My XDS RR lists at $31,800 with freight and PDI, just to give a comparison...

·
Registered
429 Posts
So he’s got a little over $10k ‘merican dollars to spend .....that does limit him somewhat :(
The prices you listed are close to our dealer prices .

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
For that price you definitely could pick up a 15 or 16 turbo OG
We sold our 15 turbo for $8900 with over 10,000 miles.

Barbara

Sent from LBR Logistics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts