Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says..just finishing up. Pretty straight forward process. The rear diff was probably the hardest. Just kind of have to be a contortionist to get to it. Piece of advice get a 1/4" drive ratchet and a 5mm Allen socket. Makes it tons easier. Front diff, gear box and oil are all fairly easy. I didn't adjust the valves, dealer said everyone they have seen have been fine till roughly 20 hrs. Not sure I'm even gonna mess with them, will probably take it to the dealer and have them do it. Dealer is a good friend of mine so I trust them. Also greased all of the u joints and every other zerk with marine grease. All in all about 4 total.
Didn't take any video...I'm to lazy..lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
i just did all my fluids today also,i couldn't believe the front diff drain takes a 3/16 sae allen wrench and the rear diff is a 5mm metric.i thought the dealer stripped the front drain bolt because they did my 10 hr. service. i also trimmed the skid plate under the rear diff so i can actually get a allen wrench in from the bottom.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought the sae wrench size was odd..since everything else is metric. I took all my skid plates off. Makes it a lot easier to get to everything. Plus I needed to spray it out anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
i took all my skid plates off,but i also cut a bigger hole in the metal skid plate under the rear diff so there is room to actually turn a allen wrench.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Rear diff was the hardest for me too. When it comes time to check the valves, do it yourself. It's hells easy and you won't have to pay someone and arm and a leg.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wanted to add to this as I just did mine. On the valve check, I know I've seen where you are suppose to pull the sensor and turn engine till the "1" lines up, that should be TDC on cylinder 1. On mine, it wasn't. But if I line the hash marks up on the cam sprocket parallel to the head, it was TDC. Had a total of 3 valves just a touch off.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I did the 10 hour service right about 10 hours, except for the valves, I did those at 19 hours - and they needed some adjusting.
the valves are easy to get to and adjust on this thing - way easier then draining the oil from the rear dif.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm at 16hrs, I think it is a good idea to get a few more hours on them, also I put one halfway easy hour on it at first, then ran the hell out of it the other 15hrs. No matter how you break one in, I think its a good Idea to work the engine pretty hard before valve checks are done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts