Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to inspect clutch and install belt temp gauge, and made this little bit excellent discovery!

Already knew each part but just now added them together.

I already have a stack of wood blocks screwed together to put on my jack to add height.

But if you jack it up then let it down again, the droop induced much narrower track width leaves the car sitting much higher, about another 5 or 6 inches more gap between the blocks and skid plate.

So I stacked up a few more 2x4s in there then jacked it up again, so now it sits much higher, allowing more comfortable working access!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Make one of these from your existing jack
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
477 Posts
About to inspect clutch and install belt temp gauge, and made this little bit excellent discovery!

I already have a stack of wood blocks screwed together to put on my jack to add height.

But if you jack it up then let it down again, the droop induced much narrower track width leaves the car sitting much higher, about another 5 or 6 inches more gap between the blocks and skid plate.

So I stacked up a few more 2x4s in there then jacked it up again, so now it sits much higher, allowing more comfortable working access! View attachment 269634
Also note that pulling the clutch cover at full droop is tight and a pain in the ass as the shock is closer to the cover.
On my lift I just strap the rad rods to the cage on that side than lift the car. Sooo much better.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also note that pulling the clutch cover at full droop is tight and a pain in the ass as the shock is closer to the cover.
On my lift I just strap the rad rods to the cage on that side than lift the car. Sooo much better.
Absolutely, I lowered the jack and put a large OD pipe under the tire logitudinally to send the tire out wide.

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
134 Posts
Put it on my lift...

·
Registered
2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
2 Posts

So I stacked up a few more 2x4s in there then jacked it up again, so now it sits much higher, allowing more comfortable working access! View attachment 269634
Looking to upgrade my stock radius rod plate. I have the OEM pre-runner bumper as well. It appears you have made it work. Any modifications needed to get the bumper to work after aftermarket radius rod plate install?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Looking to upgrade my stock radius rod plate. I have the OEM pre-runner bumper as well. It appears you have made it work. Any modifications needed to get the bumper to work after aftermarket radius rod plate install?
The s3 plate is pretty flat, no reason it shouldnt work with any similar plate, s3, tmw... i can see it not working with the thicker billet plates like zrp

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts