Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just completed the Harness Bar for my XDS last night with my brother and his friend.
Wasn't really happy to cough up around 300 dollars for the bars I saw online when I had the resources to make one.
Wasn't sure if I wanted to bend it over the intercooler but decided to just go straight across the top.
Overall I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out for a nights work.
The whole cage look and feels way stronger too thanks to additional support the bar gives.

Now just gotta add tabs below the bar to bolt the belts too.
Then gonna decide how I want to finish the bar, either keep it the metal look, paint it black or match the cage.
Almost want to keep it metal because it matches the roof and also the silver on the rest of the sxs but still deciding.
This is definitely not finished, I am planning on adding an Amber light and Reverse light to either end of the bar to just finish the look, think the height is perfect for it.
Let me know what you guys think, personally really happy, just looks and feels way better than any of the ones I have seen for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
From racing in the past, that bar is way too high, the harness bar should be below the shoulders, do some research and I think you will find it should be lower

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks great but +1 on the height vs your shoulders unless you are insanely tall. It looks like the harness would attach higher than the seat opening causing the harness to pull the seat up upon impact. Not good.

Reactions: Satnig

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for input, it is higher up but closest I could get without bending the tube and rubbing the intercooler.
We are planning on welding tabs to the bar that will reach down below which we will bolt the harnesses to, definitely make it to clear the seats and be right around shoulder level.
For my brothers and I our shoulder level is right around the kink in seat hole.
The attachment point for the harnesses should be level or no less than 20 degrees to the shoulders.
If it's too high than you can slide up and down in your seat if you roll but if the mount is too low you can compress your spine because of the angle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts