Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got 990kms and I think I blew the belt. once I open it up tomorrow I will know if its the belt or the clutch like others have had. Its a 2014 max. is there clutch issues with the 2014's also? should I take it back to the dealership or will they just say 1000kms is good for a belt? the worst part was being pulled by a rhino.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well I have a 14 and it had the clutch bolt recall. Had it done last week with my 10 hr service. Just got it in July so I don't know how recent they fixed it during manufacturing.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
prolly the belt we figured the MAX will eat belts with stock set up , heat and weight is a killer

there was a few 2 seater's that got 350-420 dune miles out of the belts so 620 for a max isn't bad, hopefully u had sum fun driving on that belt to

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that could be it. I will phone in the morning and if it hasn't had the recall I will get it done. If its just a belt. which I think it was, there was no sounds that indicated a lot of damage, I will have them put a belt on while its apart and I don't have to do it myself. If no recall I will get to work tomorrow night. I will also get a spare. never fails that this would happen right after the dealership closes on sat when you've planned to ride all weekend. I think the mav just wanted a break. put on 600 miles in 2 weeks just riding trails around our place.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So I'm guessing you didn't have the recall bolt installed? If not, why not have it done at your 10 hr service?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 10 hr service was 30hrs ago. If the 14's have a recall I'm guessing it wasn't done and I will have it done at that time.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Wow I would have thought that since the 13's have recalls it would be automatic for the 14's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it may have been done from factory, I don't know. I will comment after I talk to the dealership in the morning. Did anyone with a 14 have to go back for the recall?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks. this means mine will need it also. I picked it up right after the dealer got it, I doubt they got to it that quick.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
How can they still be sending out Units without the clutch bolt mod done yet. even the Max should be done before it leaves the Factory now. You gotta be shitting me,:crying:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
How can they still be sending out Units without the clutch bolt mod done yet. even the Max should be done before it leaves the Factory now. You gotta be shitting me,:crying:
there was a stack of max's send out b4 the recall

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree, once the units pass thru the production line they will not go backwards. They get shipped to the dealer and then recalled parts get send when the customers brings the sold unit back in for service. I also agree the Max may be worse on belts because of the weight. So it may be more important for the Max owners to get an upgraded primary.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they need to have easier access to the belt if they aren't going to last. my rhino has 3600kms and is a 2005 with the original belt. I know the rhino is lighter with much less power but Yamaha does a better job clutching their snowmobiles too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanks. this means mine will need it also. I picked it up right after the dealer got it, I doubt they got to it that quick.
dont assume they will know or even check. I had to ask twice to get the dealer to run the VIN and then he saw the recall.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well there was a recall on mine that wasn't done yet. they got it done today and put a new belt on. I'm going to order new clutches right away. I don't want to be changing belts all the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts