Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have the base 2.5 piggy backs still stock settings never adjusted them every time i try and jump it, it is like the front never comes off the ground my ass end flies up and it almost endos what way should i adjust the shocks i have been told this is possibly due to the rebound being to fast and the rear tires hitting the back of hill before they clear it not really sure

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yup common problem and rebound is issue. Talk to areed aka alex at ct race works. Get his revalve and dual rate spring set up. Its worth every penny i heard. Im getting it as soon as i get the funds.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
to get them as good as you can, fully close the rebound and fully open the compression (both high and low speeds) and then slowly close the compression to get the best ride you can. This will help out a lot but you will still experience some bucking especially if you let off the throttle while jumping.......AREED's setup is the bomb and will fix the issues.

·
Registered
229 Posts
For idiots like me, could someone explain the low speed and high speed compression and what happens as we adjust them?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
a lot of people try and jump lil jumps which they think are safe and give u a easy landing but when hitting a jump that doesn't have a ramp that is 2x the length as your sxs u will always kick the rear end up ,

make sure the part u jump off of is 2x the length of what ever it is ur jumping to insure a smoother landing

and yes adjust ur shocks like tons have done also

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did AReeds setup, but before I did I had to crank the front preload down and add some front rebound to kinda make the front pop. Not ideal but did help. AReeds setup is the only way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts