Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Won't be on any open roads because oregon sucks. But I get what you mean.

My dad lives in Utah where these are allowed. Do you know if its possible to get like a temp plate while visiting a state that doesn't suck as bad as oregon?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Several offer temp tags if registered in Nighbor states

Lot’s of folks don’t bother but you’ll need to check the ramifications

Out here the tribe has it own separate of the AZ state ever if it’s street legal

Out here its off road only, street light and fully street. Plus tribes and state trust lands but small fees

Tribal lands here are closed do to Covid a gal over the hill was on there land got a ticket she says 3k so know the risk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I thought you could basically plate anything in Arizona? you can get a plate on just about anything in Utah, and Idaho and Now Washington ( not sure how that passed but its free extra money for the state ). Oregon sucks no matter what you do if it doesn't come from the factory street legal you can't plate it. So i guess if I was to visit my dad in utah and get turn signals and all that it wouldn't matter because I don't have a plate?

Gone through this whole ordeal on dirt bikes/motorcycles for years here so its probably no different. Just wondering if its possible to get a temp plate for like AZ, ID, WY, or Utah if visiting... or what your saying is no, and just don't get caught? lol.

·
Registered
380 Posts
No not condoning that!! But if you dads got a place Register it there, street than buy sticker for Oregon

Lot’s of reading on your stats OHV rules
I’ve been following all the craziness down in Portland It’s pretty bad good thing your in the hills

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No matter what I do it can never be allowed on the street in Oregon, its just not possible..oregon sucks. I'll have to look into it maybe I can register it in utah somehow so when i visit utah we can drive down the side roads legally like everyone else.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got the first drive in, put 40 miles on it today. Was everything from tight trail with tons of lava rock, baby heads. Whoops, open gravel. Some steepish rocks ledges and sections that had me concerned but lol it didn't matter it just mowed over everything with ease. Super FUN! It was the most fun in the more flowy stuff that had dips and holes and whatnot its like none of that is even there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I had pretty good room really. Its just the keyfob area that sucks but i wasn't pressed against it. I hit it a few times, and might end up relocating that bit evenutally.

My buddy that is 6'4" rode shotgun today, while he can fit in the passenger seat just by a hair ( unlike me ), the sharp glove box was not comfortable for him and his knees.

I tried searching on here on how to remove the glove box. That thing is stupid it takes up half the passenger area. Was not able to find anything though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Not too big of a job to remove it but not very astatic after push pins and few bolts

There is an aftermarket dash a bit cleaner but you would have to assess in pictures if it would work for knees

Can-Am Maverick X3 - Dash

On the form search glove box delete

If you have some fab shops up there that do aluminum work they could build something to clean up the look after you remove the glove box

Figure in enough in case the big one happens if you don't you might be wounded and not be able to walk if your knees bang something hard

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just noticed i lost one of the quick release clips in the roof. Zip tied it back on. Ordered some more clips. I think i'll probably stick some guerrilla tape over them so they don't fall out again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yup they suck big time...hate them!

I'm close to installing a back up camera where the screen attaches to the rear view mirror and with that and my back up lights connected to a reverse switch.
You're right they suck. I'm very tall but i still can't get them adjusted down far enough. I like to see the ground and rear wheels or at least part of them behind me.

Probably going to order something else if/when these break.

I did add a couple mods.

chupacabra offroad door bags, and amazon lower doors.

Think' i'm going to get bumpers looks so vulnerable with no bumper especially the front.

Did get a desert rip in yesterday, some big whoops and rocks and high speed stuff. To the cliff overlooking the prineville reservoir. This thing just eats whoops! love it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You're right they suck. I'm very tall but i still can't get them adjusted down far enough. I like to see the ground and rear wheels or at least part of them behind me.

Probably going to order something else if/when these break.

I did add a couple mods.

chupacabra offroad door bags, and amazon lower doors.

Think' i'm going to get bumpers looks so vulnerable with no bumper especially the front.

Did get a desert rip in yesterday, some big whoops and rocks and high speed stuff. To the cliff overlooking the prineville reservoir. This thing just eats whoops! love it.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts