Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a new X RS RR delivered tomorrow ( most likely )

Never owned a side by side. Not sure what I have got myself into, but I can't afford a $250,000 trophy truck so figured this would be the next best thing lol.

I'm an offroad moto and snowmobile guy. ( KTM's and a Ski Doo )

I'm 6'6" and they are really tight for me in the knee area, but I plan to lower the seat to the lower front mounts and drop the rear spacers I should be ok. If not I read on here that i could probably remount the sliders to get another inch of leg room. Worst case I go all dremel on the key fob area and I can 3d print something to relocate it myself ( In my buddies that is where the biggest issue was with my knee hitting it but he had aftermarket seats which apparently make the leg room worse? ).

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Congrats. You can cut the lip off of the dash to give a couple more inches. We have a buddy that did that. He is 6’6” also. He moved key fob to top of dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, luckily when I sat in a friends there was nothing anywhere near the foot area for my big azz feet to get hung up on so it was just that key fob area that I hated. By reading all the posts I can find I think I should be able to get it working. I'm mostly legs.

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. First SXS? Resist the urge to do doughnuts, sure way to roll over.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol yes first SXS thanks for the tip. I had a Ford Raptor for 8 years, probably the best 4 wheel thing I ever owned, but didn't ever want to hurt it.

So, is there any accessories I must have? My sled ( ski doo ) the first thing I did was bumpers and never really anything else. I try not to hit shit though.

I'm in Bend, Oregon.

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
Lol yes first SXS thanks for the tip. I had a Ford Raptor for 8 years, probably the best 4 wheel thing I ever owned, but didn't ever want to hurt it.

So, is there any accessories I must have? My sled ( ski doo ) the first thing I did was bumpers. I try not to hit shit though.
Yep. Lower a arms. Either Extreme Taco kit that welds the stock arms, or splurge and get chromoly a arms from C T Race Worx. Front gusset kit. Rear radius rods. That should keep you busy for awhile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats. You can cut the lip off of the dash to give a couple more inches. We have a buddy that did that. He is 6’6” also. He moved key fob to top of dash

Do you have any pictures? I read a lot of posts all I could find, and not really found any pictures anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I’ll see if he is in tenn with his buggy. He may be in Atlanta though

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Total random question, I saw in one of Cleetus McFarland videos they made him a little doggy seat extender for his X3 so his dog could sit in the seat. It just made the butt part a lot bigger so a dog could put its paws on the platform. it attached to something under the seat, and had a harness for the 4point straps. Is something like this for sale? if not i'll make my own somehow. * Obviously my dog will not be in the machine unless its a leisurely ride *

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the new ride
(good advice avoid the Donuts)

A guy you size with big feet you might need to alter the foot petals

Most likely you will want seating too so if you put effort in dropping the seat consider a new seat for you minimum

Enjoy be safe send photos when you get rolling

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Welcome and congrats from NW Oregon!
Maybe we can meet up some day neighbor.

A lot of good people and info on here, the search function will become your friend.
Just take it easy and learn these machines because even the best of drivers know they are a beast of their own.
I about had to clean my shorts after I went for my first ride with my daughter who is very skilled.
They are easy to roll on turns and flip on jumps if you don't learn them first.

Stay safe and have a helluva lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Congratulations
Welcome from wherever our truck parks our trailer for the night
Dunes City OR.

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dealer just delivered my x3 xrs rr this morning.

I'm 6'6" with long legs.

I lowered the drivers seat to the lowest mounts front and back and put the seat all the way back. I have enough room, knees not smashed into anything so I don't think i will have to do any wild mods.

Passenger seat is another story I can't sit in that seat at all knees are absolutely smashed into the glove box, luckily I probably never will be in that seat. I'm considering lowering it also though.

I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here it is.

First mod thats not free is mirrors, its hard to back into my shop lol. I ordered the can am racing ones off amazon a bit ago.

·
Premium Member
9,968 Posts
Here it is.

First mod thats not free is mirrors, its hard to back into my shop lol. I ordered the can am racing ones off amazon a bit ago.

Nice car. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the Can Am mirrors suck. They will break. See if you can get your money back or credit. Look into Seizmik mirrors. Best lifetime warranty out there, and great mirrors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered them on amazon, so I can cancel them. I looked at a number of mirrors and hated the look of all of them but the can am ones.

If I break them I break them i guess and will revisit. thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yup they suck big time...hate them!

I'm close to installing a back up camera where the screen attaches to the rear view mirror and with that and my back up lights connected to a reverse switch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How are you breaking them? I don't think i'll be bushwhacking much. Also yea backup camera is in the back of my mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I made a video, sorry for the heavy breathing LOL. I was wearing my full face helmet with mic in my mouth basically. Not much I can do about it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts