Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all!!

My car is all stock
ecu and exhaust, for the time being it suits me very well. Only reinforced the rollcage, and put the safety rules to race in portugal.
The Portuguese championship has an average of 50/60 utv per race, our race are Baja style of 300/400kms. We make averages of 70/80km/h, it's a very competitive championship, they say it's the best at Europe!

Hugs!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After receiving some private messages to ask, here are some photos of the my reinforced stock rollcage by JBracing. hug

·
Registered
407 Posts
It IS great to see good results from a stock buggy. We haven't seen much of that here in the US yet. What's impressive to me is that you're using stock shock valving and springs. Your terrain looks a bit smoother which would help, but the stock setup is pretty disappointing for most of us.

It looks like your using the stock Bighorns a lot of the time as well. I like them too although a lot of folks want to poopoo them. They don't have a great sidewall but they do have grip and are light. Keep up the good work and pics for us !

·
Registered
637 Posts
Awesome video and entrance to the forum. Nice to see a relatively stock car hammering down on the throttle, hitting some bumps and turning. Do share exhaust, tuning and clutch info? Car sounds wicked.

We all await more videos..................................

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome video and entrance to the forum. Nice to see a relatively stock car hammering down on the throttle, hitting some bumps and turning. Do share exhaust, tuning and clutch info? Car sounds wicked.

We all await more videos..................................
The car is totally original tuning exhaust and clutch. I adapted very well the stock suspensions, I just went up a bit the height of the car tightening the springs. I'm in love with the car :D
The sound you hear at the end of the video is from a wrc, it's not from my car unhappily :p

My first day with can am:

more race pics:

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
The car is totally original tuning exhaust and clutch. I adapted very well the stock suspensions, I just went up a bit the height of the car tightening the springs. I'm in love with the car :D
The sound you hear at the end of the video is from a wrc, it's not from my car unhappily :p

My first day with can am:

more race pics:

Great pics

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
?Baja TT Reguengos 2017?
1º Troféu Can Am
3º Geral SSV
1º SSV Promoção
2º SSV T2

After getting the car ready the weekend before this race and doing only 10min of training, I started something eager for this race. I can make an excellent prologue with a 1st Place with 4sec of advantage, I was surprised but above all very satisfied because it was ahead of two old machines of the All terrain João Lopes and Ricardo Antrax Carvalho
I started as the first SSV on the track for SS1, and in the first few kilometers a few broken strips make me lose and so I lost some time, trying to recover in the following kilometers I had a hole, however as I had tires I could keep an acceptable pace, 6th place. In SS2 I'm going to start in my minute and I see one of the stewards who start with my back to my car and another who tells me when I put my foot on the accelerator that I'm not yet in my time to leave, I'm hesitant and stopped losing so A good few seconds because only after conversation between a commissioner and another decided whether or not my minute to boot again .. shameful and that probably made me lose some position or even the fight for a possible victory. I followed and did everything to get a good result, I rolled fast and always without making any kind of mistakes, everything went well, my completely original Can Am X3 of cycling and motor was always up to the challenge. Final result I am 1 second of the 2nd place Ricardo Carvalho and the 17Seconds of the 1st to the great duo João Lopes / Bruno Santos, MY OLD SE IF NEXT ARRANCO TO HOURS I WILL SEE WITH YOU! It's thanks to these pilots who make racing a brutal and fun weekend.

I also have to thank my father and father, my godfather and Paulo Trindade for having an impeccable car, and for being with him full of confidence for this test. THANK YOU VERY MUCH this result is yours !!!

THANK YOU to all those who support me in and out of the races!

TEAM FORMULA95 / Scorpion / FLM / XRW / YourDoctor

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1523x1015.

Hug!

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
That looks like you had a blast,way cool!
But man some of those spectators at the start of the vid were almost on the course.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
2018 SSV Overall Portuguese Champion

What’s the secret to win???
Buy a Can-Am Maverick X3, put the best protections XRW Racing Parts in it. Than Full throttle all time and enjoy!! In the end drink the best gin in the world, Sharish GIN.

After 6 races this is our rating:
P1 Joao Monteiro 108pts
P2 Marco Silva 62pts
P3 P. Santinho Mendes 62pts
P4 Pedro Carvalho 59pts
P5 Mario Franco 55pts

2018 Link VIDEO
:cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts