Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else into old school jet boats? She's a 1979 18' Nordic full stringer, with a "stock" 460. Dominator pump worked over by a race shop in California.
Out of all the hp junkies on here, some of you have to have one... Post em if you got em! boat4.png boat3.png boat1.png boat2.png

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
turbo power 80+mph seadoo's are more common
even a almost stock 300 seadoo can make it almost to 80

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Just had a Howard 21' Big Blown Teauge motor,open bow. They sell fast.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Nice boat. Still see the jet boats on the river in Parker, AZ and Needles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
After you remove the speed limiter. Otherwise they all stop at 68-70, which is stupid fast on a personal watercraft.

·
Registered
289 Posts
We have Sea-Doos but are looking to buy a Yamaha 242X.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Nice boat. Still see the jet boats on the river in Parker, AZ and Needles.

Nice ones are still more popular than people really know.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Seen several big HP boats yesterday at Topock for a Wednesday..
It's the quiet ones that are deadly...lol
Twin Turbos

Sent from BLR Logistics

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I got this one 900 HP Teague motor in a magic deck boat. Fresh motor and Dyno Sheets. New Imco drive also..

·
Registered
3,416 Posts

I have a 2012 Sea Doo 20' Speedster 200....stock was 510hp around 65mph but got the computers re-tuned and SS impellers now I'm running around

72-73mph...…….Nothing like those monsters posted on here but fun as hell making the Speedster slide sideways.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Not mine but my buddys he used to drag boats he ran a top fuel and has a few national titles this is his put around he keeps at the lake 7C8D7602-255C-41CA-9A5D-836E70B2B442.jpeg 910ADFD2-08AB-45DD-B322-72163CDDD8B0.jpeg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 2012 Sea Doo 20' Speedster 200....stock was 510hp around 65mph but got the computers re-tuned and SS impellers now I'm running around

72-73mph...…….Nothing like those monsters posted on here but fun as hell making the Speedster slide sideways.
Thumbs up canamk! I had a Speedster 20 430 hp, 58.9 mph on gps was the best I ever got, at 5,000' elevation. Smoked a lot of old school "75 mph" jet boats with my little Canadian import.:smile: Your tuned 510 must be a riot. Don't try a sub move if you have aftermarket intakes.... Love the way those boats handle though, perfect lets go eff some stuff up and rally boat. They have handles everywhere for a reason. Man, I've got some stories from that boat.

Let's see what everyone else has! Great posts so far, I don't care if its a canoe with a 40 hp jet strapped to the back, or the big money shiny stuff.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Thumbs up canamk! I had a Speedster 20 430 hp, 58.9 mph on gps was the best I ever got, at 5,000' elevation. Smoked a lot of old school "75 mph" jet boats with my little Canadian import.:smile: Your tuned 510 must be a riot. Don't try a sub move if you have aftermarket intakes.... Love the way those boats handle though, perfect lets go eff some stuff up and rally boat. They have handles everywhere for a reason. Man, I've got some stories from that boat.

Let's see what everyone else has! Great posts so far, I don't care if its a canoe with a 40 hp jet strapped to the back, or the big money shiny stuff.

Thanks vltor!!….yes fun as heck and they handle like on rails but hate coming into a wharf or dock the slower I go there's no steering...Nope no sub moves

for me....lol....I run in salt water only so you gotta be careful....my speeds were taken on my cell phone GPS so don't know how accurate they are but like

you I beat some so called 80mph speed boats....wish I could post pics on this forum for some reason I can't.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@canmak
They are great boats for what they are. Tried the sub move once... 5 people in the boat, going about 25, threw it in reverse and pinned it. A 2.5' wall of water came over the front (which was 2' underwater). Everyone freaked out, but those hulls are foam filled, "virtually" unsinkable. Yeah, everything drains to the engine compartment. Which would be fine, with the stock air intakes intact. They suck air from the highest point, under the sun deck if I recall correctly. I had taken all that off in the name of intake restriction. I had SS filters directly on the supercharger intakes. She handled like a pig heading back to shore, and I figured out why when we got there. The water had filled the engine compartment, with water marks about 1/2" below the bottom of the air filters. I shudder to think if I had sucked a big gulp of water into a SC spinning 40k rpm!

Anyway, if you haven't done this trick, you'll love it. About 55ish, slightly turning left. Chop throttle, spin wheel all the way left. Grab reverse and bury the throttle. Make sure everyone is hanging the hell on! 360s in a 20 foot boat...

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
@canmak
They are great boats for what they are. Tried the sub move once... 5 people in the boat, going about 25, threw it in reverse and pinned it. A 2.5' wall of water came over the front (which was 2' underwater). Everyone freaked out, but those hulls are foam filled, "virtually" unsinkable. Yeah, everything drains to the engine compartment. Which would be fine, with the stock air intakes intact. They suck air from the highest point, under the sun deck if I recall correctly. I had taken all that off in the name of intake restriction. I had SS filters directly on the supercharger intakes. She handled like a pig heading back to shore, and I figured out why when we got there. The water had filled the engine compartment, with water marks about 1/2" below the bottom of the air filters. I shudder to think if I had sucked a big gulp of water into a SC spinning 40k rpm!

Anyway, if you haven't done this trick, you'll love it. About 55ish, slightly turning left. Chop throttle, spin wheel all the way left. Grab reverse and bury the throttle. Make sure everyone is hanging the hell on! 360s in a 20 foot boat...

Sounds like fun but no thanks!!!!!......lol.....I like making power turns and stuff but that's about it....These things from a dead stop will literally jump

out the water on takeoff unlike a prop engine....love stopping dead in the water then pinning the throttles...without telling my riders of course....lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts