Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the dealer installed the radio and the fm/am works..but when I try to plug my iphone 5 up using the usb port it says usb loads for a few minutes and then it will say usb load failure/error. Help!!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sorry I can't help ya. I will be using an Ipod for my music and it plays thru my intercom into both helmets

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine is the same way. I asked that question a couple months ago. The thread is under the audio and lighting section

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was curious and did some research. Here are two threads that discuss the problem connecting late model iphones and Jensen units. Looks like the bottom line is that you have two options:

1) use the auxiliary input on the Jensen (and headphones out on the iphone) while charging the iphone via the standard USB connector.

2) Purchase a Jensen produced iphone 5 connection cable for the specific model radio you have (if that model has an iphone specific interface/connector on the back - apparently not all do)

Jensen Radio Interface with Ipod?

Jensen JRV212T radio USB thumb drive issues - iRV2 Forums

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im sure that will come in handy for future members with this issue. Thanks for posting. Id also look over on the commander forum to see if they have any info on this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I asked my local dealer how much they would charge to install factory radio on my maverick, but they couldn't give me an answer. Could you guys give me an answer on the install price? How many hours they charge for?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I think I was quoted that it takes approx 6 hrs. I installed mine myself & it was pretty staright forward & took about that length of time. The hardest part was cutting a hole in the interior kick panel for the rt front speaker. What the dealer will charge, IDK.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the response. I guess clear instructions were provided about wiring, cutting, mounting, etc?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sorry I can't help ya. I will be using an Ipod for my music and it plays thru my intercom into both helmets
Sounds like a cool set-up, what kind of system is that? Brand? Bluetooth?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ok I'm an idiot when it comes to the intercom radio thing, just did a search and learned a little more about them. Are the rugged radios the norm?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was curious and did some research. Here are two threads that discuss the problem connecting late model iphones and Jensen units. Looks like the bottom line is that you have two options:

1) use the auxiliary input on the Jensen (and headphones out on the iphone) while charging the iphone via the standard USB connector.

2) Purchase a Jensen produced iphone 5 connection cable for the specific model radio you have (if that model has an iphone specific interface/connector on the back - apparently not all do)

Jensen Radio Interface with Ipod?

Jensen JRV212T radio USB thumb drive issues - iRV2 Forums
so does this mean you plug the iphone up with the usb and the headphones in the auxiliary?

·
Registered
13 Posts
so does this mean you plug the iphone up with the usb and the headphones in the auxiliary?
Yup. The audio is passed over the standard 3.5mm stereo plug (aux) and the iphone is charged via USB (you don't have to plug in the USB, of course, but then the phone runs on/drains battery)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts