Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
got any pics building it? what did u use to mount speakers in pvc? cant tell by pics

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is just two 90 degree 4" t's and two 90 degree 4" elbows. I cut three pieces 3" long of 4" PVC used to join the elbows together and glued the same. Also drilled two bass ports to let the massive 5.25" speakers breath. Lol. I bent the tabs over on the speakers and attached with small screws. Speaker bar is attached using 2" two hole straps with a strip of rubber in between the straps n roll bar.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Where did u get the console from? I've bin looking to do the same thing but having troubles finding a diffrent console to mount the deck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Purchased the console directly from can am $69. Also on ebay if u don't have a local dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No issues wearing a helmet. We are not required to wear a helmet in Michigan but I have been due to the cold weather. The speakers above the seats r butted against the rear roll bar, which keeps the speakers behind the headrest. Surprisingly I can still hear the speakers traveling 40 mph with a snowmobile helmet on.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Cool idea. It looks a little bulky but if there's no interference then cool. How does it sound? It's sealed so probably pretty good right?

Reactions: rchrisman1184

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sounds pretty good. I went into it thinking I would need an amp with the Jensen stereo. I was surprised how loud it actually was for just being 5.25" speakers. I think the Jensen is rated at 160 watts. The speakers breath well and produce a little bass but not a bunch. The one thing I know for sure is you are not going to win any sound wars with it. I really don't get any distortion until I get into the 40's on the volume control.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Jensen stereo is not Bluetooth. It has an optional auxiliary port to plug in a USB card and a port to plug in an iPod or mp3. I do not have an additional amp. I personally feel that u don't need an additional amp but there are outputs for an amp. As for mounting the speakers I bent over the four mounting tabs on the speakers and used small screws to mount to the PVC.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Do you own one? How does it sound?
If you're asking me if I own one, no. I own a stereo shop though, and I see lots of people that think they just want a radio and speakers and won't spend any money. If 100 people walked in the door last week -everyone of them said "I don't want anything crazy", or "I don't want to be the loudest guy in the park". Sure, and that's okay. But 99 of them will buy a radio and speakers, and then they realize they've wasted time and money because it's not enough when underway, or it sounds like total crap.

This guy here - and I don't mean any disrespect - but he says he can hear it at 40. When you turn up speakers that are powered by a head unit, the louder they get, the harsher the sound is. At 40mph, it's noise at that point, and not a clean, quality sound. That's the difference in amplified and not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No disrespect taken. U sound very knowledgeable. Just giving giving guys my opinion on what I installed. I probably installed 10 stereos in utvs n most have been cheaper stereos so I don't have a lot to compare it to. Had basically the same set up in my teryx4 which was a bit louder in my opinion. Had the same results with that. U could hear it up to about 40 and the clarity was less than amazing at the volume level u need it at to hear at that speed, but still able to make out the music ur listening to

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you're happy with it, that's all that matters. I just want people here that read all of this to understand it may or may not be what they're looking for. I understand saving a buck or 2, but what I can't understand is people that spend $17K on a side by side, and won't spend $100 on a stereo. I'm not saying you have to spend thousands, but in this game "you get what you pay for" has never been MORE of a true statement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts