Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jensen dash unit with my USB cord ran into my glovebox.Ok I turn it on it plays a second or two then blinks and shows Jensen on face for a few seconds then blinks and plays stereo for a few then blinks and back to displaying Jensen.I plug in my ipod nothing it just blinks then stereo then blink then display then blinks.I have checked battery connections their tight,loosed them and cleaned them,no better.Please help I have a parade tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where would that be located?I'm new to this headunit,had a SSV in my Rzr.This is the third time this has happen,then it plays fine then it does it again.Its getting silly.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I don't know your exact model but the steps below come from a Jensen model that I believe is similar to yours if not the same. I just took a screenshot from the PDF manual I found online.

2013-12-14 18_36_51-http___www.jensenmarinedirect.com_downloads_dl_file_id_526_ms30_owners_manua.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
Is the battery on the Maverick charged, or is the Maverick running during this? Almost sounds like low voltage, like the radio may be trying to shut off.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I would guess It would need a reset as well MOST have the reset behind the faceplate! Pull face plate off there will be a little rest button just big enough to get an ink pen in press and hold for ten seconds the power back up should be good as long as you havent gotten it wet! Keep in mind even if its a marine radio Its NOT waterproof! I will check with my guys but to my knowledge the Only head unit that is 100% waterproof is the Alpine CDA118m.These things do not like moisture.Unfortunately Jensen Is one of the poorest made head units out there right up with Dual.Stick to the big brands like Kenwood,Alpine,JVC and Pioneer.I have seen where an IPod will cause one to do weird things with bad firmware!
Give the reset a shot If It comes back see how it works without the Ipod first then plug In the Ipod thats going to tell you everything you need to know! I dont even run a head unit I just use My Ipod as my source just for that reason alone!
Mongosmash

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This Jensen headunit,amp. and speakers came as a set in a CanAm box.I think its the same as for the Commanders.I had the dash out and looked at the back of the headunit just saw a bunch of wires,no reset hole.Will try what MiMav. find to see if that does anything.be right back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It won't reset like that,I keep holding the power button and it won't power off or nothing.It cuts off with the key.With the key on it just plays the radio for a second or two then blinks and shows Jensen for a few seconds then blinks again and plays radio again for a few seconds.In the morning gonna disconnect battery and see if it will reset like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it wasn't for the parade tomorrow night I wouldn't sweat it just I still have warranty on everything.I'm no stranger to warranty work.lol

·
Registered
557 Posts
does the faceplate come off it? if so its behind the faceplate you could disconnect power see if that changes anything.its not voltage if it were it wouldn't power up

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Throw that puck as far as you can! Get just an amp with ipod hook up and forget about Jensen. Even my dealer talked me out of it

·
Registered
557 Posts
yep that's the smart move pull that thing and just purchase a 4 chan amp and get a rca to aux use it as a source or you can use a PAC part called a PLDC21 I believe its called I will ask one of the guys at the shop on mon.We have 5 stores all car audio Im sure we use those a lot In fact we just had a razor 4 in there and that's all we used.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it was all messed up yesterday.It was still blinking back and fourth,radio on then back to screen(Jensen).When it did work it wouldn't play the Ipod or anyones ipod.I'm differently gonna do something else.

·
Registered
557 Posts
well if you have any questions just let me know I would be more than happy to help you get setup the way you want. look into the Rockford Fosgate PBR300.4 its really tiny packs some real power.not sure what you have for speakers but this little guy would get the job done even if you are running towers. Did you check to see if you can pull the face plate off? it will be a button on the left side of the head unit.It will be at the top or the bottom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I find out today they have a new headunit for me at the shop.If it messes up again I will go another route.Thanks alot everyone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts