Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Jay

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Andy 
#1 ·
So my buddy just got a new S4 last week and we decided to take it out on Sunday through some of the canyons out here in LA. We ended up cutting over to Mullholland so we could meet up with some of the other guys for Supercar Sunday, which is a local car meet/cruise, so we could ATTEMPT to chase down some Lambo's and Ferrari's.

Anyways, we stopped at the lookout point at the top of Mullholland to check out the view and this lovely McLaren F1 just happened to be parked up there. We immediately pulled over to check out the car. It was Jay Leno.

I have had a few run in's with him in the past, since his shop is right down the street from where I used to live in Burbank. This time I actually got the time to chat him up and talk some cars.

Funny thing is he actually remembered me/my old car, which was an Evo 10 with a BUNCH of goodies. The last time I saw him, I was at a redlight in Burbank, and he came rolling up next to me in his Stanley Steamer with it's big ol wagon wheels. My car immediately caught his attention, as his did mine, so he was willing to chat me up for a min or two while we were both stopped.

Brought up the Maverick - Told him he should get one! He said has been seeing a lot about the UTV craze lately but doesn't get off road much and he is getting too old LOL

Thought I'd share a cool story... Cheers everyone.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
dude...that is awesome. Jay is a cool dude. And probably the biggest car fanatic in the U.S. He just happens to have the money to support his addiction!

#10 ·
I've run into him at the Rock Store off of Kanan dune twice, and once at Neptune's Net on PCH. Very approchable, and always willing to talk bikes or cars with almost anyone. He has some bad ass vintage Vincent motorcycles, and rides them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.