Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I dont see them releasing this and then releasing a totally new updated machine but who knows. I also think that 900 motor is tapped out and near its limit. But even if they did release a new machine their quality has a long way to go. They have gotten by with sub par quality because they were the only player in town. That has now changed and with these prices the quality is gonna be a big player in sales. The more time goes by and newer machines come out, the more the rzr looks like a made in China toy.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think this is the new RZR for now, I think there will be a mid year release as well.

·
Registered
998 Posts
This is Polaris's flagship model for now. At 22k they can't release a mass produced machine with better performance and expect to sell these pigs. Huge disappointment, a bump of 6hp is not enough I would almost bet the 2 seat xp will out accelerate this machine

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Well y'all, get off the fence and put your $$$ down. There are alot of good buggies out right now

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Guys on the rzr forums are not happy to say the least. haha:haha:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow, I thought that was a joke!!! Thats to bad for the popo faithfull, looks like a fail in the increased power department and the interior and quality were always a fail :p

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
the quality form fit and function of teh maverick took polaris by surprise of how it would finally be, sure they knew it was in the works, but was floored to see how good, quality and function it was. the hp and suspension and design, well they had nothing to touch that with. there current line is pretty tapped out, we all know the lack of appeal there cockpits already are, i heard from a sw district rep (actually aover heard them talking at a dealership and said the above). that release is a joke, maybe canam should send polaris a thank you for the extra sales they will have now as a result of that new xp.. there going to be forced to re design, start over, go in a new direction for teh high end sport market.

i really expected MORE from polaris

it is a pretty machine, but has no active hill control or engine braking, 94 hp is a HO, which is a little weak. you have a long long machine for 2 people, 2 seaters are not long. they do not show you the dash or inside cockpit so i must assume it is still plain jane boring not much there. they do not mention the shock size, so it must be 2 inch, not 2.5 or better. i really expected more, again, maybe they have something else soon, but as to this one, where HP was increased, tells me that may be it for now.. this is 22000, which means its 25 grand out the door with no accesories...OUCH!!!! this one may end up as polaris's biggest flop. im all for giving credit where its due, as well as lack of credit when its due. they busted on this one. its really almost funny to see that release. are you kidding polaris??? canam better turn up the factory fires, going to need more mavericks soon

·
Registered
998 Posts
the new popo has walker evans 2.5's on the rear and 2.0's on the front, why they didnt do 2.5's all the way around I'll never know. It does come with some nice touches such as the beadlocks, storage containers in the rear, eps, prp seats and a slight bump in power thanks to a cam and slip on exhaust. But the same problems the popo's has had are still there such as weak frames, a-arms tearing off the tabs, weak trailing arms. Polaris really needed to improve upon their flaws instead of building something faster. Polaris need a redesign and soon.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am not a Polaris fan anyways and I agree with all of the above comments. For me, it didn't matter what they came out with, because I was not interested in anything they released. Now I'm just excited to be getting use to driving the new Maverick starting next week.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
popo you flopped $21,999 give me a break! You need to step up big and stop cutting corners to charge that kind of money!
ya at 22,000 why they did not do 2.5 on all 4 corners is nuts, to say the least. what you getting for that price?? the extra storage claimed where the 2 back seats would be is not real good storage, i mean dust there is incredible, room is for small things and lets face it, any sxs has enough storage for teh average person, we haul extra gas, cooler, tire and tools at best. some not even extra gas. if im going camping for 3 days on trail i could even get sleeping bag and tents and extra cooler in anything, even teh maverick, commander, ranger,etc. most of the machines are day use, storgae is not high priority for 90% as long as there is some. but any of them have enough. if one wants lots of storage, the answer is a ranger crew. in the end im still waiting for the max

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
They will put the HO motor in the Xp with probably 3 to 4 more HP just to try to keep up with Maverick. I don't care what they do nor should anyone who uses an UTV cause those who are really concerned about performance and power will modified it to suit there needs (stock sucks). The vtwin rotax is the best power plant on the market to build reliable power. Screw that parallel twin motor with its high rev rpm power band. You will be to get an additional 5 to 10 Hp to the rear wheels on the Mav by tuning your clutch, letting the motor breath, and replacing the exhaust headers with better more efficient headers lengths.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts