Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been wanting a 14' white and red xrs for awhile. Here's the problem my brother recently bought a 2014 outlander 1000xt and I love it! Me and the girl are comfortable on it when we get the chance to ride it and thought about getting one of those to save a lil money and still have a blast. Well starting to think again on having a maverick would b safer and easier on both of us. Went to the dealership and test drove a mav had two bros exhaust roof stereo and led lights front and rear bumpers and omg was it awesome I let her drive it and she was having a blast. So they want 18,800 for the stock white and red one or 22,500 for the modded one. Would it b worth all that I mean I feel like the stock one is a lil high as well.. Another thing how please are y'all with the mav? Only thing I really want is a roof, doors, a folding windshield, tie rods and a gusset kit. I do a lot of really technical trail riding which also scares me with the width. Wha are y'all's thoughts. Would I benefit more with the mav over the outy. I just don't wanna trash belts or anything or clutches. Biggest tire I would go with is a 28 on both. Thanks for any advice I appreciate it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Mav is AWESOME !!! only thing i would do differnt is not put so many mods on from dealer, might have been better to wait and do on my own, no that i know and see whats all out there, was too new to the field when purchasing so really didnt know any better.

also call around to other dealers, i see your in Texas, call Richardson motor sports ask for Kyle, he did a great job when i got mine.

Good luck and enjoy, i certainly can say you wont be disappointed by getting a MAV :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the Outlander Max, Renegade, and Mav Max, And by far have had more fun on the Mav. The quads are fun but it will wear you out on a long weekend trail riding, they do a great job with the back seat on the outty but dont have anything on the passanger seat of the mav.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Do not get it modded at the dealer unless you price it out for each and every mod and make sure you get the best price on everything. They certainly marked it up, and I wouldn't pay for that. Otherwise buy a stock and mod it yourself. $18,800 for a 14 XRS seems high in its self...I'd shop around on that too.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You can't go wrong purchasing a Mav. Like mentioned earlier, try and get a better deal on the base model and the buy your own accessories without an insane markup. If you do a lot of technical trail riding, you may also want to look into an HD skid plate and maybe even some harnesses.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm definitely leaning towards the mav. I wanna be able to have fun with out the the girl having to get off. Thanks again!

·
Registered
147 Posts
X2 on the Harness's!, As for the others, I would do the Tie Rods and Gusset. I didnt have an issue with the A arms untill I hit some one @ about 50 mph but I learned my lesson. The Gusset would have saved my A-arm, But the Harness's paid for them selves that day. (cant really see too well in the crappy photo but i broke the weld on the A-Arm.)
005 (4).JPG

·
Registered
52 Posts
What part of Texas you live in SunSet? I only ask cause I paid $18,700 for my Max. Don't buy the dealer add ons. They are marked up 100% usually. I'm glad I didn't cause I was going to go with a few they recommended and then that night I got on here and found way better products for a fraction of the price. Owning a Can-am is defiantly a disease!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Go to Oklahoma and buy one avoid the taxes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was in a similar situation. I live up in Alberta, Canada. Lots of tree and mountain trails. I had originally bought a polaris sportsman touring (2 seater) so my wife could come riding with me. She hated it. She was at the mercy of the suspension when we rode in the rough stuff, unlike me who could stand and absorb a lot of the punishment with my legs. We ended up trading it in for a 2013 Mav XRS and haven't looked back. Best decision i've ever made.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The problem with going to Oklahoma is that they won't come down on their price because they know that we go up there to buy, so it is still cheaper to buy here locally.
Sunset, yeah I got mine at Freedom Powersports. I got mine below dealer invoice. Let me know if you need a contact.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't know who in Oklahoma you tried to deal with. But I got my 2014 xrs with doors, harness bar, rock sliders and a 1/2 windshield for $17,300 out the door. Could not find a Lucas DFW dealer that would touch that.

Reactions: c.reynolds
1 - 16 of 16 Posts