Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Three piece skid? I'd be worried about catching the front parts that are folded up on some rocks. I have FUTV skids on my rzr4 and they are fantastic.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about a description of what the picture is about?
Factory UTV skids...UMHW skids... Go to there Website and look... Or do a search on Commander Forum

Three piece skid? I'd be worried about catching the front parts that are folded up on some rocks. I have FUTV skids on my rzr4 and they are fantastic.
I have this same center section on my Commander and have never had any trouble and its been through hell and back with rocks... These are best investment you can make IMO

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
how the heck did u get the maverick to do a self wheelie ?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thats one Damn good lookin Mav. Ok, I think its mine so I might be a little bias. I just brought my Mav back from Factory UTV over the weekend and the skids look great & I know they will work even better. I had them on my Commander & worked awesome. FUTV has been extremely busy so hopefully I will get the a-arm guards & get them on this weekend.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I ran them on my Teryx and loved them, they took one hell of a beating. Although I would order a set with no drain holes.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats one Damn good lookin Mav. Ok, I think its mine so I might be a little bias. I just brought my Mav back from Factory UTV over the weekend and the skids look great & I know they will work even better. I had them on my Commander & worked awesome. FUTV has been extremely busy so hopefully I will get the a-arm guards & get them on this weekend.
So he did get the A arm gurads made up? I knew it had to be someones on this forum.... I won't ride mine untill I put these skids on... Can u take some picks of where it turns up in the front, I don't really understand what that looks like...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
20130205_203939.jpg 20130205_203916.jpg 20130205_203756.jpg

Here's a couple of pics, hope this gives you a little better idea of where it's curved up. It's curved up just like the one I had on my Commander. I know some spray some expandable foam in the small gap area, I never had an issue. It just made the skids easier to clean out for me.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
So he did get the A arm gurads made up? I knew it had to be someones on this forum.... I won't ride mine untill I put these skids on... Can u take some picks of where it turns up in the front, I don't really understand what that looks like...
I never saw the a-arm guards, they had to keep them in order to make the molds. I'm sure they will be ready anyday.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice, those the 3/8?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey bud thanks for the photos... Did u happen to take any where the nose meets front bumper. Thats area i was refering too..i want to see if it will work with Can Am acc bumper and how the bend in the skid flows in ref to bumper... I was really wishing they made rocker covers like the po pos have but ole well

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I can take some more pics tonight. These are the 3/8" skids. The front rolls up the lower tube section of the front bumper a couple of inches. If the lower part of the bumper is the same you should have no problems. I was actually talking to them about that when I picked it up because I will probably fab a prerunner style bumper with a winch mount. They said I could shape it with a heat gun if I needed to.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I can take some more pics tonight. These are the 3/8" skids. The front rolls up the lower tube section of the front bumper a couple of inches. If the lower part of the bumper is the same you should have no problems. I was actually talking to them about that when I picked it up because I will probably fab a prerunner style bumper with a winch mount. They said I could shape it with a heat gun if I needed to.
Thanks man...Its good to know that I can heat that section an form it how I need....Stock bumper is horrible looking..... Can't wait to order whole set, these things save your machine in my terrain!!! Also did they drill enough holes in these for the Clutch Cover to come off.....My Commander skid I guess was for the Old style Clutch Cover....................Ill be watchin for pics

·
Registered
104 Posts
These skid plates must slide over rock and stuff alot easier then Aluminum. Do the rocks cut the skid up at all? I really liking the looks of these.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts