Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I picked up my new 2015 XDS turbo and it was 10 degrees when I got home. I have doors and harnesses ready to install but my question is while its so cold should I send off my ecu to be reflashed now or wait and use my maverick and do it later? I'm think I should do it now because its just sitting in the garage while its freezing cold here, and when it finally hits at least 40 I can go out for a spin. I'm trying to avoid down time in the spring but should I break in the motor and belt before the reflash, exhaust, cat delete?

Also is there any tips or tricks on making the DF door install easier/smoother?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Last night I picked up my new 2015 XDS turbo and it was 10 degrees when I got home. I have doors and harnesses ready to install but my question is while its so cold should I send off my ecu to be reflashed now or wait and use my maverick and do it later? I'm think I should do it now because its just sitting in the garage while its freezing cold here, and when it finally hits at least 40 I can go out for a spin. I'm trying to avoid down time in the spring but should I break in the motor and belt before the reflash, exhaust, cat delete?

Yuba got my turbo re-flashed with only 30 miles on it and now at 1300 trouble free miles.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
id do it before...you control how the break in procedure goes....The add on won't change that..

Nothing worse than great weather and waiting on parts...

DF Doors.....Bring your patience "A" game...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id do it before...you control how the break in procedure goes....The add on won't change that..

Nothing worse than great weather and waiting on parts...

DF Doors.....Bring your patience "A" game...
I have watched the video that DF made and they look so much easier and better than the Turnkey doors, they were a bitch. Next weekend is supposed to be 50 degrees so I'm in a sticky situation. In Utah if the weather is shitty wait an hour and it will be different.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have watched the video that DF made and they look so much easier and better than the Turnkey doors, they were a bitch. Next weekend is supposed to be 50 degrees so I'm in a sticky situation. In Utah if the weather is shitty wait an hour and it will be different.

Sounds like NC. you get all 4 seasons here in a week.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the buy. Screw it man go enjoy it for a bit just bundle up.
I'm a bitch when its cold or I would. Saturday should be 40 degrees so I'm going to install things that day because right now its only 23 degrees. S

·
Registered
84 Posts

Drive it a couple times then get the re-flash and you'll appreciate the money well spent a lot more!!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Last night I picked up my new 2015 XDS turbo and it was 10 degrees when I got home. I have doors and harnesses ready to install but my question is while its so cold...
10℉ / -12℃ is great weather for riding. Get out there, don't worry as much about belt temperatures and have a blast. At most you'll want a closed face helmet to keep the wind off you while hitting high speeds and a sweater.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree on the drive it first. I'd break it in a bit, get use to how it feels then get it done. That way you'll know your gains.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm probably going to take it out next weekend and then do the reflash so I know the gains.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I'm probably going to take it out next weekend and then do the reflash so I know the gains.

And you will notice the gains believe me...it's sorta like your Turbo is on steroids and the fun factor goes up quite a bit...don't know who's re-flash you're getting Yuba

and not really important as from what I know they all make the same power gains...enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I need to get off of this forum, it stresses me out about things that could go wrong. Broken Headers, turbo tubing coming loose, throwing codes, gah!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts