Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a select few anyway. Since its been stated that a few dealers would recieve machines in December who's going to be the first to have one? I'm getting anxious myself but also curious as to what Polaris is going to have first of they year. What does Polaris need to have to sway you away from the Mav? I'll be going maverick regardless, I've had my fair share of Polaris and all I have to say is no thanks to the new machine.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
For a select few anyway. Since its been stated that a few dealers would recieve machines in December who's going to be the first to have one? I'm getting anxious myself but also curious as to what Polaris is going to have first of they year. What does Polaris need to have to sway you away from the Mav? I'll be going maverick regardless, I've had my fair share of Polaris and all I have to say is no thanks to the new machine.
dont be so sure!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm still torn between getting my Maverick when it comes in, and telling the dealer that I'm out of the state for a couple weeks when it comes in so I can see what the new Polaris release is! But, at the same time, I just don't see Polaris making something with the quality of the Can Am!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I went and looked closely at the Polaris with an open mind and honestly was not impressed. The wiring routing etc was the typical chinese looking crap. I know the Polaris is a decent machine but definately not at the same level for fit, finish and engineering. You pay more for the BRP product but for the cost diff between the Can Am and the Polaris and its worth it. For people who are happy with the Polaris product good for them but im passing and by the looks of how fast Can Am is and has grown in the ATV industry alot of others agree. Look at the Polaris quads they are garbage and now can am is targeting the SxS market polaris has been enjoying sorry polaris less sales comming your way unless you step up and good luck. BRP can draw from engineering experience and tech from building jets,trains etc they are a far more capable company to produce a higher end product.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I went and looked closely at the Polaris with an open mind and honestly was not impressed. The wiring routing etc was the typical chinese looking crap. I know the Polaris is a decent machine but definately not at the same level for fit, finish and engineering. You pay more for the BRP product but for the cost diff between the Can Am and the Polaris and its worth it. For people who are happy with the Polaris product good for them but im passing and by the looks of how fast Can Am is and has grown in the ATV industry alot of others agree. Look at the Polaris quads they are garbage and now can am is targeting the SxS market polaris has been enjoying sorry polaris less sales comming your way unless you step up and good luck. BRP can draw from engineering experience and tech from building jets,trains etc they are a far more capable company to produce a higher end product.

There is an ALL NEW Polaris due out just before New Yerars, dont discount it..... rumored to be in the 1200cc range

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm anxious to see it but anything over 64" wide I'm out. 64" is pushing it on a lot of trails and Polaris needs to spec some ball joints, wheel bearings, bushings that'll last more than 200 miles. I'm looking forward to switching to can am, I've had two rzr's (rzr s rzr xp) and both of them drove me crazy with cheap parts. I know can am may have some short comings but all my buddy's with commanders love theirs so we shall see what happens. All I have to say is with whatever machine we the consumer buys will be outdated in 2 years, so just pick a machine and enjoy it. I know 101 hp will be fun on some single trail terrain lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Every time I read your posts C.Moore, I feel better about not waiting to see what Polaris releases! I keep saying to myself do the right thing, buy the Can Am!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every time I read your posts C.Moore, I feel better about not waiting to see what Polaris releases! I keep saying to myself do the right thing, buy the Can Am!
I'm not brand biased in anyway, I've put over 7,000 miles of riding between my two rzr's. While I never had any major problems out of them the little things like hose clamps, wheel bearing, carrier bearings, bushings, electrical issues, axles, hubs and some other little things absolutely drove me crazy not to mention after riding a can am commander limited the rzr lineup felt more like a chinese made sxs than anything. like i said I know the commander had a few issues and hopefully can am worked the problems out with the maverick but until polaris completely changes their quality control standards and builds a cockpit that took more than an average joe to figure out I'll not be going back to them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thank you for your honesty!! As I have had the Can Am atv,s and rode my friends polaris atv,s there is no comparison, thats why what i saw in the polaris sxs basically looked like what i rode with there atv,s. Chinese designed junk. Even if they came out with a higher hp machine the sum of all parts i feel would still be lacking. That was a great review in dirt trax and it seemed to drive that ergonomics and quality theme home.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well..... this cut and paste from the home page says alot about what peeps thing about the Can Am....

There are currently 113 users online. 12 members and 101 guests

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
hopefully only about another week to wait. Xfingers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts