Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
241 - 260 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
I took the XRS for another adventure this weekend. I went with some family and friends in other UTV's this time.
We had to do a little recovery as well.

The rig did great! We played with the shocks a little more this time and I think we have it doing very well with these springs. I think springs are in the future but I am very happy with the performance so far. I'm looking forward to some summer action.

For your viewing pleasure. * Warning, Can-AM's and Trailers were abused in this recoding *

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Definitely makes a good argument for a hitch receiver on the back of these machines!
It defiantly would have made it a bit harder to get the rig out. We were also lucky one of the guys had this light duty trailer. I don't think most of our trailers could have been pulled through there with a maverick x3.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
These videos were in Lassen National Forest in Northern California above Paradise.
I've been jonesing to play in some good snow, especially now that I have the SS360's. Most of the places close my area up in NW Oregon don't allow wheeled vehicles or over a certain width. We usually have a good snow or two every season where I live on property but hasn't since I bought the X3 almost 4 years ago. :confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
This is one of the places where gates stay open. You just can't drive in the groomed areas.

A few friends live in the La Pine area and are still able to get in some good wheeling in their rock crawlers. I'm not sure of the exact area where they go.

Snow wheeling has always been one of my favorite things to wheel in. :)
I can't imagine (but could be wrong) that a sand tire would do in the snow that we get here.

Our snow is at a very low level right now. The last few years we get a big dump and the beginning of the season but then nothing else. I grew up in this area and have spent a lot of time up in these hills where you couldn't even see that cabin in the video for months. If people were using it, you could see a way into the door and the upstairs window buy the flue.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
I've been jonesing to play in some good snow, especially now that I have the SS360's. Most of the places close my area up in NW Oregon don't allow wheeled vehicles or over a certain width. We usually have a good snow or two every season where I live on property but hasn't since I bought the X3 almost 4 years ago. :confused:
Do those tires bag when aired down? In the video I am running my Chicane RX 35's at 6lb and they hardly bulge.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Do those tires bag when aired down? In the video I am running my Chicane RX 35's at 6lb and they hardly bulge.
Not too much, they are actually made for Sand/Snow. However I would be pretty reluctant to use them in hardpack or ice or exposed areas and with downed trees etc.. they have a soft compound and lighter weight than the typical mud/snow tire. I run them at 7/8 lbs in sand and they float very well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Well I got the full undercover utv .5” skid and rockers installed and made a quick spring run up to our local High Lakes area. The huge amount of burn area is due to the NorCal Dixie fire last year (2021).

Next weekend I will be taking the car to the Rubicon with some other SXS’s and I will see if I will keep this thing. Unfortunately I had a good bump on my head last year in a motorcycle accident and now the bouncing in this car easily rattles my brain. In the video above I was able to keep it easy but if I come back from the rubicon all shaken up the doctor wants me to trade the car in for some high end knitting needles and soft yarn.

Chris

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well I got the full undercover utv .5” skid and rockers installed and made a quick spring run up to our local High Lakes area. The huge amount of burn area is due to the NorCal Dixie fire last year (2021).

Next weekend I will be taking the car to the Rubicon with some other SXS’s and I will see if I will keep this thing. Unfortunately I had a good bump on my head last year in a motorcycle accident and now the bouncing in this car easily rattles my brain. In the video above I was able to keep it easy but if I come back from the rubicon all shaken up the doctor wants me to trade the car in for some high end knitting needles and soft yarn.

Chris
Hope you feel better, is is supposed to go away over time?

241 - 260 of 264 Posts