Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
The XRC and the XRS use the same axle (72" wide) the DS (64" wide) uses different axles, they are NOT interchangeable due to the width differences in the models.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
@Scott F, you might love BDR's. BDR's are Backcountry Discovery Routes, these routes are mostly trails and old county roads with minimal highway crossings.
They are designed for ADV motorcycle riders but in a few states there shouldn't be too many issues taking a street legal version of a UTV on them for states where they allow UTV's on pavement.

An example would be to start at the Mexico boarder with Arizona and ride up through Utah to Nevada where you can ride through Idaho to the Canadian border. I have done a few trips like this on my motorcycles. Doing these border-border tips in the UTV might be a bit much, but taking on a whole state should work great for 3-7 day trips.
I rode some BDR's today south of Tucson. I ride BDR's every time I go riding.

There is a guy named Al Roden who has driven his X3 around 30K miles all over the country. His trips are epic.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
I rode some BDR's today south of Tucson. I ride BDR's every time I go riding.

There is a guy named Al Roden who has driven his X3 around 30K miles all over the country. His trips are epic.
Nice it looks like he did a lot of the Trans America Trail (TAT). This would be awesome.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I pull up the part numbers on Rocky Mountain of all the parts I need, and I cross reference them between 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, and between the RC and the XRS all the time. Most of them are the same part number. Some of the newer 2021 stuff is made to replace the older stuff. Then you have the different colors having different part numbers, but usually still interchange.
like now you can’t buy a full frame that has weld on roll cage like the 2018 and 2019. They are all bolt on and removable now. I just bought a 2018 frame, it didn’t come with a roll cage, I would have to buy all the cage pieces to finish it (expensive) or just weld up my own roll cage for the first time ever 😁. Like the 2020 came out with the larger air filter box with larger exit/mouth to let more air into the turbo, they interchange so I bought one for both my 2019 and 2018 car.
also the 2020 clutch housing cover has been updated and you can’t buy the older one anymore. The new ones have the liner on the inside for noise reduction, that liner won’t fit on the older covers. I bought the liner then realized I need the new cover, when I went to order the new cover, it was same part number as the old one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
woohoo, it's alive. I took it out for a 20 mile ride yesterday and everything worked great. Shifting was very easy, no strange noises. I took it easy for this trip to break the belt in but so much better this time out.

Hoping to take it on a real ride next weekend.

A few things that stayed on my mind while driving were RPM's

What RPM should the drive engage?
What rpm should I be at when doing 20, 40, 60?

Chris

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
1,200 Posts
woohoo, it's alive. I took it out for a 20 mile ride yesterday and everything worked great. Shifting was very easy, no strange noises. I took it easy for this trip to break the belt in but so much better this time out.

Hoping to take it on a real ride next weekend.

A few things that stayed on my mind while driving were RPM's

What RPM should the drive engage?
What rpm should I be at when doing 20, 40, 60?

Chris
RPM it depends. Typically, a stock primary spring should engage around 2k-2200 or so. The rest of the range should be MAX rpm 8K or so the whole way to shift out, the speed is somewhere around 50-60 MPH. At that point RPM will drop and climb as speed climbs until max RPM. Anything close to this is great performance.

·
Registered
245 Posts
That’s good. Keep up the maintenance on it and these things are good machines. I just found a metal fabricated radiator fan shroud for these x3s. More money out of my pocket 😂 but I have to have one. I’ve already replaced the weak plastic one twice.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
I took it up to the again yesterday and had a blast. I put some zip ties on the shocks and I’m definitely hitting the bumps. I’m currently running the fox race tune as my base but think I might play with the high speed again next weekend. These springs are probably shot too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Any idea why the front would be squeaking so much? All joints were replaced and greased, a-arm bushings were replaced and I even gave them a shot of grease. Could it just be the springs?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Any idea why the front would be squeaking so much? All joints were replaced and greased, a-arm bushings were replaced and I even gave them a shot of grease. Could it just be the springs?
I don't know, but one of my shocks on my 2022 XRS with smart shox sounded the same way on the first ride. Pretty annoying

·
Registered
245 Posts
All these things tend to squeak I think. I where earplugs so I don’t hear all the little noises, and the loud engine. When ever I don’t have my earplugs I’m like wow this thing raddles and squeaks allot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
All these things tend to squeak I think. I where earplugs so I don’t hear all the little noises, and the loud engine. When ever I don’t have my earplugs I’m like wow this thing raddles and squeaks allot.
That’s what i do but then i watch the video and think what the heck is going on.

I don't know, but one of my shocks on my 2022 XRS with smart shox sounded the same way on the first ride. Pretty annoying
It looks like maybe the sound is echoing through the spring but it’s the collar between the springs rubbing on the threads.

·
Registered
41 Posts
mine was the heims on the shocks,hit them with some wd and it cured it,not sure if it is the right thing to do assuming it will attract dust,but we used to lube up the heims on the racecar daily,and it never seemed to bother them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
mine was the heims on the shocks,hit them with some wd and it cured it,not sure if it is the right thing to do assuming it will attract dust,but we used to lube up the heims on the racecar daily,and it never seemed to bother them
I feel the same, they say it doesn't need it but after washing I spray the joints with teflon lube.

221 - 240 of 264 Posts