Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a crock of shit...BLM has upped the fee to $150 for an anual pass to ride ISDRA. I guess someones gotta pay for the LEO's and thier sand cars and quads...And it will now be a sticker permanantly attatched to your windsheild, instead of the placard you hang from your mirror.:disappointed:

Imperial Sand Dunes Fee & Permit Information

·
Registered
410 Posts
That sucks! "Gotta pay to play!" Would be somewhat justifiable if they plan to open up more areas like was being talked about in another thread. But I'm sure its more because they know we are all junkies for the sand and will pay it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
WOW I think back in 1991 when I used to ride my quad there I never had a permit. Not sure if you needed one back then but I didn't have one. Lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They "TEMPORARY" 5 year closure that's lasted 10 years has 1 more appeal from the tree hugging hippies. We won't see any changes this season, but hopefully 2014/2015 season we will be able to ride in the closure areas again.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they made it a sticker so other people couldnt barrow the pass I bet , lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah but that's BS because I don't always take my motorhome, so now I have to buy 2 passes?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
maybe laminate it and just stick it to what ever u want to drive , lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I read that they don't want it taped to the windshield. So I'm thinking to stick it on a piece of magnetic sheet. Then when I get there put it on the windshield with a piece of metal behind it on the inside of the windshield. But, as I was typing this I realized that someone could steal it then. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The other problem with the motorhome is while camping, I put a cover over my windshield on the outside of the vehicle. I wonder if it will be required to peel & stick it somewhere on the vehicle for it to be valid?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
they made it a sticker so other people couldnt barrow the pass I bet , lol
I think it was due to there being a bunch of counterfiet passes made over the last couple years. Just a guess. And yeah Marty, acccording to the link I post in the OP, if you have multiple vehicles, you need multiple passes, or just buy weekly passes. Sucks ass don't it...

·
Registered
62 Posts
No one likes a price increase, but I know I personally and lots of other people from different areas would gladly pay twice that for the riding and camping opportunities you guys have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts