Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was at the race at Stony Lonesome saturday night. Heard it had like 6 miles on it before the race and one lap in this happened. uploadfromtaptalk1366699899246.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1366699929229.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
DAMN !, I seen it posted on the maverick facebook page

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea that's where I saw the pictures I was there I just never saw it after they got it out of the woods. I know he was lucky, he was just wearing stock seat belt. I hope he had insurance on it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Wow are our cages really that bad or did he hit a tree at 70?
did u see the rear driver tire unless his was 4 wheel steering it fuked the frame up good

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I was told he went of a jump that is on a down hill part of the course 2 fast and the front end went down and then flipped end over end. So I would think the cage took the first initial hard hit on its top. I was hoping he was on here so he could chime in.

·
Registered
791 Posts
did u see the rear driver tire unless his was 4 wheel steering it fuked the frame up good
Looks like it could be just the rear tie rod when you look close at the first pic. I see a few other things that could be a problem though!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was there, and it was a very hard hit, directly on the roof. It would have been like droping it straight down from 25-30 feet, and the frame is totaly screwed up. Actually, I am a little impressed by the stock cage, it did fairly well for the hit it took.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Can you say insurance? Holy shit!!

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
The stock cage is good for one good hit, I would say that the cage did its job pretty well. While racing with a stock cage and seat belts isn't the best thing to do I would say they were lucky.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I bet the steering wheel has a few groves in it from the death grip along with the oh shit handle in the middle!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Even the most experienced drivers can end up in a situation like that. I raced Honda Pilots for years and seen many guys in the Sky Dirt, Sky Dirt attitude myself inclusive!
Yah, the rotating landscape is not fun ....

This is the time that you are glad you have a well built cage, all your safety gear on, 5 point belts etc.
My Maverick race cage is well triangulated, and may be heavy and overkill, but the day it all goes wrong I will be glad it is.

Glad those guys are okay.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This was at the race at Stony Lonesome saturday night. Heard it had like 6 miles on it before the race and one lap in this happened. View attachment 1890 View attachment 1891
It hit the top 3 times, top wheels ,top wheels, top wheels. He didn't have a 4 or 5 point harness .To take that many full weight hits, it took it pretty well. He was parked across from us at the race. HeeeeeY if fired right up ,and got drove back to the pits after thee race was over. I think the driver had to get 3 fingers trimmed down, from getting crushed(just hear say though) .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts