Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 450 miles on my maverick. Today I was going down the road about 40mph, it felt like it lost power and tohe belt started slipping. I let off at about 60 and got on it again and the same thing. It also would not do over 70mph.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
maybe ur 2ndary sheave bolt backing out any weird noise ?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you have a stock primary, yes your clutch slips as it was designed to do so. But more likely to slip when climbing hills rather than flat ground.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine did the same thing, yanked them both off and replaced with qsc primary and stm secondary. No slipping now. I just have to dial it in. I bought it used and its nowhere close. I strongly suggest ditching the stock clutches. Just for the peace of mind and the extra performance is nice too. I can lay a blackmark about 10 ft. long from a dead stop and im only hitting 7400 rpm right now. Need to see 7800 rpm.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Mine did the same thing, yanked them both off and replaced with qsc primary and stm secondary. No slipping now. I just have to dial it in. I bought it used and its nowhere close. I strongly suggest ditching the stock clutches. Just for the peace of mind and the extra performance is nice too. I can lay a blackmark about 10 ft. long from a dead stop and im only hitting 7400 rpm right now. Need to see 7800 rpm.
What's your elevation? I am at 3000ft and stock tires. If you are close, i can give you my setup. it is pretty darn close to perfect….

·
Registered
547 Posts
Get my qsc/stm clutches to day from adam at qsc. Im in mn elev 1000. Stock tires. I think adam will have it close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts