Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
To fix the reverse override switch issue, buy a normal rocker switch ( one that locks into position). Pull it apart and swap out the strip inside of it with the one in ur reverse overide switch. This way u get to keep ur factory switch and it now locks into position without having to hold it down. Easy 5 minute mod.
Hey BayouBogger
Could you go over that again? I got lost around swapping out the insides of the rocker switch with the stock switch? I don't have mine to look at yet so that may be the problem not being able to see whats there for stock. Have Serial # waiting for it to land at dealer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey BayouBogger
Could you go over that again? I got lost around swapping out the insides of the rocker switch with the stock switch? I don't have mine to look at yet so that may be the problem not being able to see whats there for stock. Have Serial # waiting for it to land at dealer.
He is talking about something that I had posted about as well on the other commander forum a good while back. I found this pic in my phone. Be careful and unsnap this clip on each side of the switch. Then pull it apart slowly taking note of the position of the pieces inside. There will be a metal sweep or ramp at the bottom of the switch, take the ramp and spin it around 180 degrees and snap the switch back together and that's it. Now your switch spring action is holding it in the on position allowing you to have your override on all the time while still giving you the option to use it to reset your maintenance required message when it's time to service your machine. I hope this helps.

Edit: sorry about that here's the pic.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hunting721. So i dont need to buy another switch then? By the 180 rotation it works just as if you were manually holding the switch on then correct? I want to mount my winch switch were this overide is and put the overide up in the dash since i basically will never use the overide if this works but in the winter the winch with the plow will be nice and close to my gear selector

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hunting721. So i dont need to buy another switch then? By the 180 rotation it works just as if you were manually holding the switch on then correct? I want to mount my winch switch were this overide is and put the overide up in the dash since i basically will never use the overide if this works but in the winter the winch with the plow will be nice and close to my gear selector
U dont have to buy another switch. If u do it the way he said to do it, Ur switch will stay in the override on position at all times. If u do it the way I said, ur switch will be operable in both positions. Basically, when u open that switch up u will see a metal strip inside. The shape of that strip is what determines wether ur switch will lock into position or not. You can actually use the same strip in your factory one way switch and bend it and make it a 2 way locking switch. But doing that requires seeing what an actual locking switch strip looks like. Otherwise u will probably just jack it up. Im not at home rite now, otherwise I would do a write up on it. Give me about a week and I'll do a detailed write up on the mod.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The switch IS operable in both positions if u turn ur current switch strip 180degrees. It will just stay in the on position at all times.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry for just getting back to you but, yes, it will be operational in both directions. The spring will just be keeping the switch pushed down in the on position instead of the off. Just like if you were holding the button down with your finger. Then if you push it on the opposite side it will go back factory until you lift your finger off of it. I've had mine this way for about a year with no problems. Hope this helps.

If it can't play, it can't stay!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts