Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Maverick 1000r this week (hope to pick it up by Friday).
How many actual owners of a Maverick 1000r on this site are truly having quality issues?
How does one find out what factory fixes have been applied to their specific machine?

·
Registered
35 Posts
9 weeks and 641 miles and no significante issues. The only problem I've had is where heat for the exhaust appears to be causing excessive wear on the drivers upper a-arm bushing. Dealer has a new one on order and is working with BRP on a long term fix.
Call your dealer give them your vin and they can tell you if you need to have any recall work completed.
I would abosolutly have the clutch bolt recall done asap if your qualifies, I put over 400 miles on mine before finding out about the recall and my bolt did nit snap. I have a co-worker that I ride with and they put 250mile on thier maverick before having the recall done. They also did not snap a bolt.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Same here upper a/arm bushing melting and arm shifted over waiting on parts !

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
128 Posts
How does one find out what factory fixes have been applied to their specific machine?
your supplying dealer will run a check through can am to find out if it needs or has had any required re calls or updates done :wink:

mine has 100 miles and two tough weekends on it with zero problems

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine has 471 miles and has not had 1 issue. Had the 10 service done by my dealer and they check my VIN # and no recall needed for my car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you ... everyone!
After reading the threads regarding the clutch bolt recall, I started wondering if I bought the right "toy". Hearing from many of you has relieved my concerned.
Can't wait to get on the trails!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Thank you ... everyone!
After reading the threads regarding the clutch bolt recall, I started wondering if I bought the right "toy". Hearing from many of you has relieved my concerned.
Can't wait to get on the trails!
Glad you can look at the whole picture. Any NEW vehicle, no matter if its a riding lawn mower or 105,000$ Audi A8, first year productions have issues, or a few snags. In my experience, the manufacturing company tends to go the extra mile to keep people happy. The problems will be addressed by Can Am. The only thing standing between you and the manufacturer is your dealer. As long as your dealer is reputable and gives a [email protected]$ about you, you will be fine in the end. I am pretty partial to a product once it has proven itself. I have a Commander 1000XT I bought in 2011, and it has never seen the dealers doors since, it has been nothing but great. Expecting the new Maverick X RS will treat me and my family the same! Get some pics up when you take delivery!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was same way worried so I brought mine home took around the yard twice stock and dropped it off for various other items but also a full clutch setup so no worries from the get go

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Over 400 miles, 0 issues. But I'm tired of waiting for the other shoe to drop, so I ordered an Airdam clutch today.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nothing yet, but I'm only at 50 miles! The only thing I have done was to get a DEI starter motor heat shield wrap from Autozone and I wrapped the cup holder so the beer would not heat up so fast! And if the exhaust melts a bushing, I would prolly just get a little header wrap and isolate the heat.. Gonna do that tomorrow now that I know its a problem.

Myron

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would suggest not doing the complete exhaust... Its awesome for keeping the heat down, but if you get it in the water it will trap in moisture in and it can cause premature rust and failure...

Myron

1 - 18 of 18 Posts