Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes sir it works great . Do a little research on it like I did . You will find only good results . The guy who sells it is a stand up guy . I spoke with him on it ,and a very small amount goes a long way . My gearbox and rear diff were making noise and this immediately silenced it. I also read a article about a large trucking operation that started using it on there diffs and their failure rate disappeared...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What's is it used for?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's good. I need to tell my buddy that has a commander cuz he has a loud rear diff.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sir it works great . Do a little research on it like I did . You will find only good results . The guy who sells it is a stand up guy . I spoke with him on it ,and a very small amount goes a long way . My gearbox and rear diff were making noise and this immediately silenced it. I also read a article about a large trucking operation that started using it on there diffs and their failure rate disappeared...
Thanks Dude, I actually did some reading on it which was why I wanted to know if anyone else was using it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks Dude, I actually did some reading on it which was why I wanted to know if anyone else was using it.
Yes sir, anytime ... Two of my other buddy's use it in their mavs also with no probs.. They say you can run it in your engine if you get the right micron tungsten and a filter it can pass through but I'm not into all that ... Sounds risky...

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought some for the Mav's drive train, but put it into the rear diff of my truck! Guess I need to order a lb so I can do all of my gearboxes....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
I ordered some along with the fan override and the new switchless sport low harness from arcticbomb today. I'll put it in when I do my first diff oil change. I researched it a bit and couldn't find a downside to using it, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wonder if it would void a warranty?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I'm not sure how it could. It is basically making the metal surfaces more slippery so less surface wear should occur.....but you know how OEM's are.....they may threaten that it will but the burden of proof is on them to provide that it caused or contributed to a failure.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm not sure how it could. It is basically making the metal surfaces more slippery so less surface wear should occur.....but you know how OEM's are.....they may threaten that it will but the burden of proof is on them to provide that it caused or contributed to a failure.
It really depends more on the relationship you have with your dealer and his relationship with the warranty adjuster. BUT they usually look for ANY reason to void something if they can.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It really depends more on the relationship you have with your dealer and his relationship with the warranty adjuster. BUT they usually look for ANY reason to void something if they can.
agreed.....I go out of my way to make sure I always stop in and chat to the owners of my dealership just in case I ever get in one of these situations where I need to call in a favor or get them to go to bat for me.....it doesn't hurt that they are also very good people.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I see nothing but positives with this additive. I recently purchased 2 bottles of this stuff myself, and added a bit to both diffs and the gearbox of my Max when I did the 10 hr. break in service...looking forward to some real benefits mainly in lowering the operating temps of the diff. (that thing gets WAY hot!) Also plan on putting it in my Renegade's diffs and gearbox as well.
Now that I think about it, I'm going to put some in the rear diff of my 2500HD Duramax alsol!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Did you notice any difference in drive train noise before and after?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Going to the dunes this weekend, so I'll pay attention to that and report.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts