Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2018 rzr xp 1k non turbo. I want to be able to plow my driveway this winter and realized that the rzr with the aftermarket parts like the clutch kit and what not that it had was probably not best suited for the task. I listed it for sale and it sold quickly before I could really think about it. I figured my next side by side would be a general but I do like my sport side by sides. Would a Maverick sport 1000r be a suitable option for an all around machine? I live in the northeast so we get some snow, I also mostly trail ride. How does a sport 1000r compare to a rzr 1000?

·
Premium Member
9,093 Posts
The sport is equal to the rzr 900 little machine. Xp is a much larger machine.

In your situation the xp would be better suited. The sport is small and a-arms, x3 has trailing arm rear and better for speed.

·
Premium Member
14,262 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ, know all about the snow in the Northeast! Get whatever you want. I like Sandman_73's KRX suggestion.

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
327 Posts
Plow snow? I wouldn't recommend any UTV, just too light for a snow plow. If you have enough snow to actually require plowing, even a 1/2-ton P/U is on the light side for 6" or more. A UTV may handle a couple inches of snow but why would you need to plow such a small amount? That'll evoporate in a few hours. If you live in snow country you should have a 4x4 like us country boys & girls drive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sport 1000r Will plow snow just fine. You could also look at the new commander they are a Sport X with a dump box.
X3 also does good plowing snow also worst part is all the reversing that has to be done when plowing snow.
My father uses a Yamaha rhino.
I use a 22 year old Honda Foreman 500 around here the average snowstorm is about 6 to 12in and the Honda does just fine.
If I was only aloud to keep one machine the g2 commander would be the responsible choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts