Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I'm looking for a wheel that wont make my machine much wider, if any.

The new ITP SD series dual bead locks look pretty pimp, and they offer them in a 4+3 offset (I would rather have 5+2).

dk559973.jpg

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I always wondered the same thing , I here 1 side bead lock is good enough , but when coming of a jump or over a dune bad and hit the inner tire in the right spot is it still possible for it to pop bead ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I always wondered the same thing , I here 1 side bead lock is good enough , but when coming of a jump or over a dune bad and hit the inner tire in the right spot is it still possible for it to pop bead ?
Not really. Trophy trucks use 1 sided bead locks. They run through whoops at 100 mph.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres my deal, will the outside beadlock keep the tire attached to the wheel if you have to limp out of the desert for a few miles on a flat? To me thats the whole purpose of a bead lock. If the outside lock will keep it attached then I dont want the headache and extra cost of having it on the inside.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
614 Posts
With a single beadlock if you have a blowout you will have to watch out for it folding up on itself or catching on something on the inside. I have drove on one for a few hundred yards at a snails pace but it works.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Not really. Trophy trucks use 1 sided bead locks. They run through whoops at 100 mph.
I gotta disagree. The only time I have lost the bead was when I landed off camber on the inside of my left front. I bent the tie-rod and pulled the bead off the inside of the wheel. So yeah it's possible if you hit just right with low tire presure. It's not a real likely senario, but leave it to me to find a way......:haha:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I gotta disagree. The only time I have lost the bead was when I landed off chamber on the inside of my left front. I bent the tie-rod and pulled the bead off the inside of the wheel. So yeah it's possible if you hit just right with low tire presure. It's not a real likely senario, but leave it to me to find a way......:haha:
ya I figured there was and is still a way to blow a bead so if u want 100% locked tires, yes dual beadlocks r needed

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have driven an 8ply grim reaper flat as a board 20mph out of the hatfields for 15 miles and it didn't come off the rim without beadlocks.
Single beadlock will definitely hold it on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I gotta disagree. The only time I have lost the bead was when I landed off camber on the inside of my left front. I bent the tie-rod and pulled the bead off the inside of the wheel. So yeah it's possible if you hit just right with low tire presure. It's not a real likely senario, but leave it to me to find a way......:haha:
It sounds like, with the way you drive/find a way to break down. You need to carry a 2 way radio, and a lunch. Lol.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Nope, just tools and a few spare parts. These things a pretty tough and take almost all the abuse I can dish out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts