Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a xrs with the Jensen stereo. I plug my iPhone 5 in and it won't play through the stereo but it will scroll the song name across the screen. My iPod works fine. Just wondering if the iPhone 5 is compatible with it. Any have this problem?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a xrs with the Jensen stereo. I plug my iPhone 5 in and it won't play through the stereo but it will scroll the song name across the screen. My iPod works fine. Just wondering if the iPhone 5 is compatible with it. Any have this problem?
I thought the iPhone 5 has a different jack than all previous apple products? Maybe that has something to do with it.

I have had a similar problem with my iPod touch. It will connect and play for about a minute. Then it will disconnect for no apparent reason and start playing the radio for like 10 seconds, then switch back to ipod. It will keep doing that back and forth.

I'm going to call Jensen and get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the adapter and the song will be playing through the phone. I can change the song with the Jensen unit but no music through the stereo speakers.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I assume you are using the Jlinkusb cable? I had the same problem in my Jeep and had to pair the phone via Bluetooth. Jensen told me on the phone that it is because the Iphone 5 does not support analog playback at all. Which makes sense that you can control the device but not get any sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts