Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Intermittent limp like mode

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  azerik 
#1 ·
My 2020 XRC would act like it was in limp mode, not getting over 5500 rpms, intermittently with only check a engine light. It didn't display 'limp home' or any messages on the display. We finally figured how to get it to clear and return to full power by getting into a level position and shifting into low gear and driving a few yards. Then all was well again til it happened again. Twice in one day. The only thing I can remember doing right before, was rounding the face of a dune, which I've done lots of times this Summer.

I've scrolled through the settings menu and there is not a 'codes' section as I look now, now that it's operating fine. Does that mean there are no active codes to list? If that's the case, shouldn't the display at least display 'no active code' or something?

I'll have to check for codes if it happens again, before we clear it, to see what may be causing it. I don't want to have that happen when I'm in the process of climbing a dune and need the power to make it.
If anyone has had something similar happen and may have some insight, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

#7 ·
CEL on means you have a error code
limp mode is after you have a cel while still driving
then the ecu gets mad and throws the limp mode

Reactions: Lori_Barnhurst
#9 ·
My batter terminal is stripped I think. I have a full zero volt for about 1/4 of a second. I’ve seen it in the logs. Hauling ass then blip, vroom. Mines a 18 with the og battery, maybe it’s time to just change it because if that. Gotta remember to add that to the list of repairs once under 100 degrees in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.