Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hideous styling. And......I just can't do Chinese crap. Imagine trying to get parts and service for that thing after the sale!

·
Registered
529 Posts
no helmets in California with that thing - over 1000 CC's
but I'd think you'd want to wear a helmet and maybe full body armor if your going to ride something from china.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
The fun part would be getting pulled over by the dumb ass cops in Glamis cause they will think you need a helmet
That would get old quick because you would be pulled over and beat down every time they saw you, lol

Reactions: Benzo

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have seen that stated on here and other sites, that if they build bigger than 1000cc engines they have to meet a higher DOT standard. As in crash test and things like that. Like I asked, is that true or just bullshit? I do not know for sure.
Also there is already pictures of that machine or one very close in the members ride section. I will see if I can find them and link them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happened to the 1000cc limit or SxS had to meet a higher DOT standard? Or was that just bullshit?
I've always wondered that same question, if it is BS then why are the manufactures hovering around 1000cc, your telling me that Can Am , Artic Cat and Polaris don't have higher HP and CC engines, especially Polaris and Artic Cat they have snowmobile motors that would rock in a UTV.

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts
I've always wondered that same question, if it is BS then why are the manufactures hovering around 1000cc, your telling me that Can Am , Artic Cat and Polaris don't have higher HP and CC engines, especially Polaris and Artic Cat they have snowmobile motors that would rock in a UTV.
The big manufacturers put the limitations on them selves to keep other groups from telling them what they have to include in their machines.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Seen a video of it smoking the hell out of the tires! and it being a stick shift, snatching 2nd gear like a piece of cake!

·
Registered
38 Posts
not that bad of a sxs. $14,000 for the 1500 at 110hp is a good deal. The people who make the Land Rover and Jaguar vehicles make this buggy. I would like to try one out, don't know how it would do in mud with the engine exposed but has the same layout as rzr minus the manual tranny.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have this same exact buggy, but their 1100cc version!

The 5spd manual is the best part, It's a blast to drive and drift. It comes with 4wd and front/rear manual lockers that work great. From what I've heard, the 1500 will do close to 90mph.

My 1100 only has 88hp, 68whp from what the manufacture said, but it's pretty decent on power due to the 5spd delivering the power well.

The distributor is here in AZ, JMC motor sports, and has every part in stock. They have a pretty large dealer network and it's growing fast from what I've heard. They come with a 1yr part/labor warranty as well.

Here are some pics of mine.

renli3.jpg renli1.jpg renli2.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I also think the best part is the 5 speed manual tranny. Less HP loss to the wheels

1 - 20 of 40 Posts