Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The intercooler fan should be sucking air from the intercooler yeah? Like if you put your hand under the intercooler fan it would be blowing air downward towards the engine?

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
From the factory the intercooler fan only kicks on when you put a high load on the engine or intake air temperature is high. Long story short it don’t run nearly enough which is the reason people are adding a intercooler override switch. It’s hard to test the fan because it will rarely kick on sitting still.

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
From the factory the intercooler fan only kicks on when you put a high load on the engine or intake air temperature is high. Long story short it don’t run nearly enough which is the reason people are adding a intercooler override switch.
Yup, especially if you live / run in the desert this time of year when it gets over 110+° . I also got ride of the factory intake and purchased an aftermarket from Craig (Agency??) which looks like it should allow twice the potential airflow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya that’s why I was asking, I installed the switch and seen the fan sucking from the intercooler so I was making sure... guy at auto zone told me if you hook reverse hook up positive and negative the fan will blow the opposite way, dunno if that’s true lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the factory the intercooler fan only kicks on when you put a high load on the engine or intake air temperature is high. Long story short it don’t run nearly enough which is the reason people are adding a intercooler override switch.
Yup, especially if you live / run in the desert this time of year when it gets over 110+° . I also got ride of the factory intake and purchased an aftermarket from Craig (Agency??) which looks like it should allow twice the potential airflow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Do you know if the intercooler being too hot would make the car go into High Temp Warning? I was at a race last weekend in Reno and my intercooler fan wasn’t kicking on (that’s why I got override switch) so I was in High Temp Warning like 25% of the race. Didn’t know if the Warning was linked to intercooler or Radiator...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Do you know if the intercooler being too hot would make the car go into High Temp Warning? I was at a race last weekend in Reno and my intercooler fan wasn’t kicking on (that’s why I got override switch) so I was in High Temp Warning like 25% of the race. Didn’t know if the Warning was linked to intercooler or Radiator...
high temp warning is coolant...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I would think that if the inner cooler fan does not kick on when needed the increased intake air temp would drive the coolant temp up high enough for system to not keep up.

·
Registered
709 Posts
It’s all heat we want out of the system, better intercooler, better fan, fan coming on earlier with a tune, radiator as well. More heat out the better till the motor is running in its sweet spot (temp wise) under load...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts