Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Interchangable axles?

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  offroadeagle33 
#1 ·
Hey just wanted to reach out and see if anyone knows what models/years of the mav x3 can interchange axles or not. Would really like to know the differences if not.

#2 ·
Obviously you have (2) cars the 64” and 72” models is one difference. Next is the fronts are different depending on if you have smart lock or the basic visco lock. On visco driver and passenger side are different, smart lock both sides the same. Rears are same.

I’m not positive if within these differences that they didn’t make improvements like larger diameter on the newer models

#4 ·
no,

smart lock has fronts same both sides, rears same both sides so (2)

non smart lock models have different driver and passenger fronts, rear same both sides so (3)

dont focus on the model XRS, XRS RR, XMR or XRC RR etc...., just look at the dash and see if its smart lock or not.

I had a 17 xrs and it was visco so I carried (3) spare axles in my trailer. I now have a 20 XRS RR with smart lock and I only need (2) one front and 1 rear.

the visco and smart lock fronts are not interchangeable due to lengths. Rears should be same on all 72" models

#5 ·
no,

smart lock has fronts same both sides, rears same both sides so (2)

non smart lock models have different driver and passenger fronts, rear same both sides so (3)

dont focus on the model XRS, XRS RR, XMR or XRC RR etc...., just look at the dash and see if its smart lock or not.

I had a 17 xrs and it was visco so I carried (3) spare axles in my trailer. I now have a 20 XRS RR with smart lock and I only need (2) one front and 1 rear.

the visco and smart lock fronts are not interchangeable due to lengths. Rears should be same on all 72" models

Thank you, that helps with what I need to stock.
had rear break on the visco and changed it out, but then there was a creaking after. Asked the store to verify they gave the correct part and and now they say the part number I received is for a 2019. Was also curious as another rider I go with has a 2019 smartlock, so thats why im curious between the years and models. All are 72" models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.