Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for my Maverick to get here, I have been checking out parts and making a list.:in love:

I have been eying some of Turn Key's parts and came upon the dash mount for the Lorance HDS-5 and Elite GPS units......

I have always been a Garmin guy, but I noticed Lorance offers a cool expansion box for their HDS line of chart plotters called SonicHub Lowrance SonicHub | Marine Audio Server - LOWRANCE | Marine Electronics that offers 50Wx4 power output, AM/FM tuner, USB input, Ipod Dock, pair of 6.5" speakers, and Sirius Radio optional w/ antenna.

I do plan to install an Rugged car to car/intercom system, but would like to also have a pair of speakers that could be heard for those times when you might want music when not wearing a helmet/headset....like around the campfire?

My original plan was to buy the CanAm Montana and dash bezel, then the Jensen Marine stereo:Jensen MS30 AM/FM/USB Waterproof Stereo - Jensen MS30RTL - Jensen Marine Audio - Marine Audio/Video - Boatersland Marine for a factory look. I could feed the line output of the Jensen into the intercom for music while wearing a headset and use the integrated amp to power a pair of speakers.

I'm sure most of you are well aware of Jensen's vs. Lorance's quality.......I'm sure the Lorance module is up for the challenge and the price between the two ways is within a few bucks...

What do you guys think of the Lorance GPS platform? I have 2005 and older Garmin stuff right now, but have a hard time jumping ship after all these years. Anyone use this Sonic Hub on a boat perhaps?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do any of you guys happen to have the size of the hole in the dash for the factory stereo I'm looking into aftermarket stuff and want to use the factory dash piece I just don't know the size thatnks

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Jensen stereo installs into a 3" gauge hole. Unless They made some propitiatory system for them, it should be the same?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts