Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to insure my Maverick but I'm not sure if I want to go with my current insurance company (State Farm) for this or if there is a better company to use for insuring UTV's/ATV's etc….let me know who you use and rough idea on the rates. Also, if you have ever had a claim, how did they take care of you….

·
Registered
684 Posts
Ours is through State Farm along with everything else, house, vehicles, quads, motorcycles. Full coverage on ours was $60 dollars a month which seemed very high to me considering what all our other orv toys cost, but it did cost as much as a Toyota corolla.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
St Farm here also. Round $400 yr.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanks…..I will call tomorrow and see how much this is going to hurt my wallet!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hurts less than it getting totalled or stolen.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have coverage on my max for 25k and its thru Mountain Valley Insurance in Barbourville, Kentucky and it cost me 408 dollars a year

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
try geico , but to get the best deal u prolly need to insure all cars thru whatever company ur looking at, I pay 220 a year for full coverage street legal in az

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I use Geico and pay $170 a year for full full coverage. I have medical, comp, collision, uninsured, everything just like a car. One downside is a $500 deductible which is the lowest they go. They changed that because they were getting a lot of small claims. But when it comes time to file a claim they are as good as anyone else. I have no complaints. I insure my enclosed trailer too, it's $22 every 6 months. I love Geico.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
liberty mutual for 20 years of cars, house, toyhaulers, atv's, sxs's..... teryx4, Maverick, raptor 250---- $332 a year full coverage street legal $100 deductable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm an Allstate agent in Michigan but from my experience our claims service is pretty good. Go with whoever has your home, cars etc. personall I would stay away from online companies like geico. Who's in your corner if an online adjuster thinks your 6 month old maverick is now worth 5 grand? There are some bad agents out there, but most of them want your claim experience to be top notch.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone for the comments and input.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will need to get some Ins for mine as well.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
liberty mutual for 20 years of cars, house, toyhaulers, atv's, sxs's..... teryx4, Maverick, raptor 250---- $332 a year full coverage street legal $100 deductable.
Interesting. I have Liberty Mutual and they couldn't insure my Maverick because they told me they have not insured sxs with a 1000cc engine before. They considered it too high risk. My rep had to get underwriting approval before he could even give me a quote.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting. I have Liberty Mutual and they couldn't insure my Maverick because they told me they have not insured sxs with a 1000cc engine before. They considered it too high risk. My rep had to get underwriting approval before he could even give me a quote.
Technically it is not 1000cc...

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
no issues at all. I also had a RZR with a yamaha R1 engine i had insured through them.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Gonna have to call BS on Liberty Mutual and tell them wasn't fair they insured Mega and not me. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts