Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Don’t get progressive!
Why not?
Had them for a year now and my premium actually dropped down to $224 from $242 per year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just changed from Progressive. I was 1000 a year last year!

Geico just quoted me 208 for the year! Yes, made the switch! LOL

2017 X3 Xrs

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have Foremost, also had it for my Teryx LE that got totalled in Ocatillo on a simple roll (frame bent).

Now I find my auto policy has gone up because of that. Such bullshit.

Foremost Teryx policy 23.00 p mo
Foremost Mav turbo after the fact 59.00 p mo

Its dropped to 50.00 p mo now, but auto went up 30 p mo

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Had Foremost for my Maverick. Totaled my Maverick this summer. The claims process was great. Couldn't have ask for a better or more speedier outcome. My local Can Am dealer told me that Foremost was the best for insurance claims and easiest for them to deal with. I'm sure my rates will go up now though. :-(

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I have geico
I totaled my xp4 1k and they cashed me out about 17k

However my premium did go up on renewal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought a 2018 X3 XRS Max and my insurance company (Farmers) wants $1,425.00 a year ONLY FOR THE X3!!! That's with a 6 cars, 2 trailers, 3 quads and home owners discount! It is actually more than my 2014 CTS-V.

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Just bought a 2018 X3 XRS Max and my insurance company (Farmers) wants $1,425.00 a year ONLY FOR THE X3!!! That's with a 6 cars, 2 trailers, 3 quads and home owners discount! It is actually more than my 2014 CTS-V.
yup, you can thank all the free spirits around here that claim everything when they run out of talent offroad.

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
yup, you can thank all the free spirits around here that claim everything when they run out of talent offroad.
That's really not the case Mega. Lots of other insurers are still pretty reasonable.

When a carrier raises rates like they saying they don't want to insure certain products.

Insurers actually have lines they specialize in or don't want to insure just like any other business.

Just like some contractors specialize in certain types of projects. They can start off insuring something and realize they need special adjusters and support and move in a different direction.

For example, Foremost is a division of Farmers. They insure things Farmers used to avoid like manufactured homes.

Foremost has high rates on the speciality products like Sandcars for years. It appears they don't want to insure off road toys. Just like a contractor who bids high on a job they don't really want to do.

While having lots of things insured with one company can offer discounts, it doesn't make for them not wanting to insure certain products.

Again the high Farmers (Foremost) rates for offroad toys has been a thing for years. Mega go back and read a few insurance threads on Glamis dunes. That's why I have State Farm on my Sand Car.

So with that said I use Geico on my toys and have been happy with the claims process. That's the only way to know if you have "good insurance "
I have had them for something close to 20 years on everything from quads to my X3. Rates are fair. Tim

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
5 Posts
They actually told me $1,013 a year with $1,000 deductible at first. Then 10 min later they asked for a bill of sale since this was such an expensive offroad vehicle and boom another $400 a year from underwriting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use Safeco. Parent company is liberty mutual. 40 a month full coverage and they offer free towing . Lol ?? I dont know what tow company is gonna drive to the middle of the desert to pick me up !!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I switched the following vehicles from long time insurer Allstate to Progressive: I live in Commiefornia.
2011 F250 Diesel
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
2018 Chevy Volt
2017 Can Am X3 Max XRS (I also added $7000 in upgrades-added $70 a year to the policy) only $444 a year
Home in Escondido

When I switched to Progressive with $250 deductible on all vehicles and $500 on the house I save $1600 a year.

Reactions: DLC

·
Premium Member
8,221 Posts
I switched the following vehicles from long time insurer Allstate to Progressive: I live in Commiefornia.
2011 F250 Diesel
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
2018 Chevy Volt
2017 Can Am X3 Max XRS (I also added $7000 in upgrades-added $70 a year to the policy) only $444 a year
Home in Escondido

When I switched to Progressive with $250 deductible on all vehicles and $500 on the house I save $1600 a year.
That was a good move regardless of the money savings.

Allstate is the one insurance company I would never have. They do everything they can to pay the claim low everytime I deal with them.

When I say low, I mean adamantly too low to get the job done even when shown they are wrong.

Tim.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I need to find an insurance company that will insure for actual replacement value. Does no good to pay for insurance for a $50K+ vehicle that only books out (in their book) for $15K replacement value once it’s stolen/totaled. It’s a complete waste of money. I’d rather take my chances than throw my money out the window to billionaires.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts