Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that i just picked up my new Can-am Maverick X3 Max I'm looking for a reasonable priced insurance company that has good service not only selling it to you but claim service if need be, Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks In Advance guys !!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
Insurance is tricky, especially in Cali. Just depends where you are. I have Geico, full coverage as mine is street legal. I pay roughly $320 a year, with a $500 deductible. I think it's OK, not complaining. Geico insures everything I have.

Reactions: Maverick4me2

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've got Progressive through my main insurer Amerprise,and pay $242 per year.
Pretty sure Cali.will be quite a bit more than Utah though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First step is to get a quote from the company that has your home/auto. They know you and most offer multiple policy discounts.

I have Nationwide which treats MC/ATV's as boats in that I have a stated value policy. So I stated the value about $7K higher than what I paid to cover roof, doors, lights, etc. My agent has a Polaris Ranger with some addons, so he understood why I was valuing it that high. Costs me about $350/yr.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got 17 x3 XRS , went with Geico, $520/yr, $500 deductible. Keep in mind that X3 is the only vehicle on the policy.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
I have my X3 insured through State Farm. I believe it is around $400 a year.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Insurance is tricky, especially in Cali. Just depends where you are. I have Geico, full coverage as mine is street legal. I pay roughly $320 a year, with a $500 deductible. I think it's OK, not complaining. Geico insures everything I have.
Why is insurance tricky in California? It is just like getting insurance in any other state. You call and give them the vehicle information and the coverage you would like and they give you a quote.

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
Why is insurance tricky in California? It is just like getting insurance in any other state. You call and give them the vehicle information and the coverage you would like and they give you a quote.
Tricky as the price you will pay. To insure something in Cali is always more than somewhere else.. Due to all the bogus insurance scams and everything else.

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3 XRC Turbo R
207 Posts
Try Foremost. They require liability coverage on any policy and I keep my limits very low. I add comprehensive without collision because I'm only worried about loss due to THEFT. (I ride desert with my kids; not a lot of exposure to other vehicles) I pay $450 +/- in Northern California for 6 ATVs and my brand new X3 XRC.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,070 Posts
$400 a year, for street legal full coverage in UT. American Family. Had Start Farm and it was more than double that so I switched.

·
Premium Member
13,611 Posts
$400 a year, for street legal full coverage in UT. American Family. Had Start Farm and it was more than double that so I switched.
American Family? Where did you find them, on the back cover of a book of matches? Never heard of them?

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Hahah
Geico 568 for two x3s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No way! I thought because we are in California we pay more. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
With AmFam and they could only ballpark it w/o a vin, but they're were pretty close to that. Glad to see they're keeping it reasonable.

Now if the trailer I've been waiting on would come in I could go shopping...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I priced Formost and the premium for a year was a few dollars short of $700.00 a year with a $1500.00 dud for Comp and Collision these are AZ rates, offroad only, I went with Geico for $266. a year $500.00 Dud Comp and Collision. Good deal !!!!!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Just got two quotes. State Farm wanted $630/yr for same coverage of my vehicles and Geico quoted $470/yr. Still going to call around more to see if I can save more.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I pay $385 a year thru Allstate for a Max with $1000 for added equipment.

I have my 2 vehicles also thru Allstate.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not sure how much mine ended up. AmFam just went to a new system here in AZ. Adding my 'little rock' they went through my policy and it went down, actually paying less after the RC than I was the month before.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Progressive wanted $788 and I have had 3 motorcycle policies with them for 7 years now. Can someone give an example of their coverage?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
geico $760 year full coverage uninsured motorists, comprehensive, collision, all 500. ded.i guess i paid a lot compared to everyone else. this is my only policy with geico

1 - 20 of 84 Posts