Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the only big damage that was done in the roll over was the cage, would it be worth it to make a claim on insurance for it or just purchase one myself?:big smile:

·
Registered
46 Posts
The insurance company will Probably charge you with a at fault accident then all your rates will go up. I would check into it first

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to call them here in a little bit to see what they will do, but if it's going to raise my rates, I will just keep using the bent roll cage. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you call and talk to them they will still add it to your record as an at fault accident if theres any inkling they think you wrecked it with no one else involved. I would make the decision on what you're going to do, and if you're not going to claim it on your insurance, I would NOT talk with them about it at all.

They enter every conversation and every detail about you in a database that determines your future rates, risk rating, etc, and they all have access to it.

Reactions: SCOTTDMAX

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you call and talk to them they will still add it to your record as an at fault accident if theres any inkling they think you wrecked it with no one else involved. I would make the decision on what you're going to do, and if you're not going to claim it on your insurance, I would NOT talk with them about it at all.

They enter every conversation and every detail about you in a database that determines your future rates, risk rating, etc, and they all have access to it.
That's good to know. I called them, but didn't give my name or policy number. I found out that it's almost better to just pay for a new cage.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd buy a used cage myself. East Texas or Louisiana should have plenty of folks selling used stock cages. Give S3 or Catvos a call. They may have one or two from customer's builds.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's good to know. I called them, but didn't give my name or policy number. I found out that it's almost better to just pay for a new cage.

I would agree. Usually, if you dont think it will be considered a total loss, then it may be better to just fix it yourself.
Really the only reason I have insurance is if I total the vehicle>. Then I would open a claim so I dont have to pay off something that almost worth less

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've been trying, but a lot of places are pretty high and I might just use this bent one for awhile and save up for a custom cage. I will call Catvos and see what they say though.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm with you, I don't either, but I don't have an option currently. I just had the pleasure of paying for the last semester of grad school a couple weeks ago and it was enough to pay for at least 3 custom cages.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a factory cage bud that I would sell for cheap

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Really?! Anything wrong with it? Is it a 2014? You would really be helping me out. I'll even trade cages if it will help the deal a little. (I wouldn't know how to re-bend it out).

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going up there for the rattlesnake round up thing at the end up April. Where is the dent?

·
Registered
707 Posts
If I was home I could get you some pics but unfortunately I'm up by little Sahara right now working and the cage is in eastern Oklahoma

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts