Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2020 X3 Max base model (120 hp) and wanted to add signature lights (fang lights). I purchased some third party lights on amazon and I thought they were plug and play. Before taking the whole front hood off, I found the spare light connector that is plugged into a dummy port near the front head lights. The connector fits perfectly into the signature lights, but when I turn on the electrical system, I get nothing.

Headlights still work fine, so I'm wondering if there's an extra fuse I have to use for these signature lights? Did I get two duds? Thought I'd check here quickly before going back to the manufacturer for support.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Not sure, however I will say that ordering on Amazon has become risky. There are so many fake and counterfeit parts label as "Name Parts", it's a gamble anymore. It's getting to the point where I order and spend a little more than trying to get a deal on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Not sure, however I will say that ordering on Amazon has become risky. There are so many fake and counterfeit parts label as "Name Parts", it's a gamble anymore. It's getting to the point where I order and spend a little more than trying to get a deal on Amazon.
this and items are starting to take longer than my free 2-day shipping that i pay extra for

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
this and items are starting to take longer than my free 2-day shipping that i pay extra for
Yep. Amazon used to be the shit. I rarely use them anymore. Last couple of times, I had parts rolling around loose in the box. Returned them. The owner / CEO is a billionaire, and flying in space. He's lost touch with the business IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, to close out this post, I was able to figure out the problem. The signature lights I purchased have a reverse wiring configuration. Turns out there was an adapter in the box that allowed you to switch the wires and once I did that, the lights turned on. So much for zero instructions in the box. Anyway, thanks for the responses!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts