Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
here is the complete video of disassembly. its not quite done loading yet, but should be within the hour. shows two different ways to get the stud out. should help everybody out
Nice video and very good explanation Adam!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Will those upgraded vent for the 14's help keep the belt cool by drawing fresh air in?
Yes…it allows 2X the cool air intake and results in lower CVT temps….

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yup I tried tightening the set screw against the stud trick and it did not work for me. I had to go on the other end of crank and hold with a 14 mm hex head bolt and turn it off. It wasnt very tight. Then With an electric impact like Adam used I turned my puller into the clutch. Mine didnt come off as easy as Adams did, I had to tap the end of the clutch bushing with a hammer, then it popped. Good Video Adam!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
On the flip side, i started my machine and put it in gear and it shifts freely and there is no creep. cant wait to run it. Will post back with findings.
Heavy what is the advantage of running the Gates C12 belt? I might buy one if it is workin for you and keep my stocker with 300 miles for a spare.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Price :crazy: I have had good luck with both the OEM and the Gates C-12. So for half the price, it is a no brainer to go with the Gates if you need to replace yours or need a spare.

I did exactly that. I put the Gates on when I swapped clutches and use the OEM as a spare.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Heavy, Do you got a part number for the C-12 belt?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
not off the top of my head. I can check when I get home tonight.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts